Help with burning to BR at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 13th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Trustee

Help with burning to BR

Greetings, I am trying to burn a video to BR. I am using Vegas Pro 12. When I try to Prepare and Burn I get the error message "There is not enough space in the temporary files folder for preparing the disk". Yet, I have well over 100 gb of free space on my drive. What can I do? The video will take 10.6 gb on a 25 gb disk. Thanks, Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Help with burning to BR

where is your temp folder located?
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Trustee

I tried to put it on my D/ drive, that is where I always put it. This is the first time this has ever happened.
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 07:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Personally, I never prepare and burn in one step.
I first create/render the BR movie,
then I use IMGBURN to write the BR structure to a BD
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 01:04 AM   #5
Trustee

try changing temp location to c: as a test
Old August 14th, 2016, 05:50 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I found this in the Sony Knowledgebase. Even though it was written for Vista and XP, I just tried it on my Windows 10 machine and found the folder.

When attempting to install a Sony Creative Software application, I receive an error message that the installation files may be corrupt or the Windows temporary folder may not have enough space. I know that I have plenty of room on my computer hard drive so how do I fix this?

You may delete the contents of the temporary files folder by doing the following:

For Windows Vista: Click on Start, type the following command in the search box, and then hit the Enter key: %temp%

For Windows XP: Click on Start and Run, type the following command into the Run prompt, and then hit the Enter key: %temp%

This command will open the folder that Windows has designated as the Temporary folder. These are folders and files that Windows needed at one time but are no longer useful. Everything in this folder is safe to delete. To remove individual folders or files, hold down your Ctrl key while left-clicking on each item you want delete. Release the Ctrl key when you're finished. You may also use "select all" or drag a marquee around the files you wish to delete. To delete these items, hit your Delete key on your keyboard. You may be prompted again to confirm that you wish to Delete Multiple Items. Click on Yes to confirm.

You may receive a Error Deleting File or Folder message while the files are being deleted. This just means that one of the files is in use by a program right now. Click OK, close all open programs, and repeat the steps above. If you still receive the message, try restarting your PC and repeating the process again.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 06:34 AM   #7
Trustee

Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I ended up getting a new computer to replace my 7 1/2 old Dell. Every thing is running fine now. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...