DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/532479-excalibur-6-updated-vegas-pro-13-a.html)

Edward Troxel August 17th, 2016 08:38 AM

Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13

I've been working on Excalibur in preparation for the anticipated move to Vegas Pro 14. With the new OFX Titles & Text media generator, it is now possible to write text via a script to the text box. While this has been available in a couple of previous versions, there was a new option added in 13 that really helped with the implementation of QuickLabels. So a new version of Excalibur 6 is available but it will only work in Vegas Pro 13 and now uses Titles & Text for QuickLabels. The updated version can be found here:

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/Excalibur6-13-0.exe

In addition, it will use smart alignments. If you place the text on the left side of the screen, each label will be aligned on the left. If you place it on the right side of the screen, each label will be aligned on the right. Similarly, if you place it toward the center of the screen, the labels will be centered.

This is a free update for Excalibur 6 users.

Leslie Wand August 17th, 2016 05:40 PM

Re: Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13

edward you are a gent!

i can't tell you how useful excal. has been over the years - it's my go to on nearly every project.

i'm not using vegas so much now i'v moved to resolve, but will look at 14 IF you rework excal for it, even if i have to buy it anew

thanks and good luck

Edward Troxel August 17th, 2016 08:08 PM

Leslie, I just uploaded a new build 6.13.0.38003 with a fix for a color issue on the revised Quick Labels.

Yes, I do certainly plan on updating Excalibur for Vegas Pro 14. It will be a free update for Excalibur 6 users.

Graham Bernard August 18th, 2016 12:58 AM

Hi Edward, I've found that only 8 out of all the 48 colour options are carried through to the final QL. What am I doing wrong?

Edward Troxel August 18th, 2016 04:21 PM

Grazie, I'm simply taking the color chosen and passing the ARGB values to Vegas. So there should be no issues with any color being passed through unless it's an issue of me passing 0-255 and Vegas is expecting 0-1. I'll double check that.What's an example of a color that did not pass?

Edward Troxel August 18th, 2016 04:46 PM

Ok, version 6.13.0.32480 is now available at the same link and same file name. It was an issue where Vegas is using values of 0-1 instead of 0-255 and I was passing the standard 0-255.

Steven Davis August 18th, 2016 08:13 PM

Ed, thanks so much, Excalibur rules.

George Dean August 20th, 2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Wand (Post 1919461)
edward you are a gent!

i can't tell you how useful excal. has been over the years - it's my go to on nearly every project.

i'm not using vegas so much now i'v moved to resolve, but will look at 14 IF you rework excal for it, even if i have to buy it anew

thanks and good luck

Hi Leslie,

If you have been following the threads on Magix Vegas Pro 14, if not, Magix is still offering Sony Vegas Pro 13 now for $200 USD with a free upgrade to Magix Vegas Pro 14 later in September. The offer now expires end of August and the purchase does not require proof of a previous version.

Steven Davis August 20th, 2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Dean (Post 1919619)
Hi Leslie,

If you have been following the threads on Magix Vegas Pro 14, if not, Magix is still offering Sony Vegas Pro 13 now for $200 USD with a free upgrade to Magix Vegas Pro 14 later in September. The offer now expires end of August and the purchase does not require proof of a previous version.

Wonder if they'll do anything for those of us who already own 13. Oh, and by the way, it's interesting that Sony Vegas was sold on version "13", not that I'm superstitious or anything.

Leslie Wand August 20th, 2016 04:51 PM

hi george,

already have 13, but have more or less moved on to resolve. however if there's a decent offer for 14 to owners of 13 then i'll probably spring for it. i still love and use vegas for fast rough cutting and throwing together talking heads.