Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 17th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Sponsor: JET DV

Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13

I've been working on Excalibur in preparation for the anticipated move to Vegas Pro 14. With the new OFX Titles & Text media generator, it is now possible to write text via a script to the text box. While this has been available in a couple of previous versions, there was a new option added in 13 that really helped with the implementation of QuickLabels. So a new version of Excalibur 6 is available but it will only work in Vegas Pro 13 and now uses Titles & Text for QuickLabels. The updated version can be found here:

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/Excalibur6-13-0.exe

In addition, it will use smart alignments. If you place the text on the left side of the screen, each label will be aligned on the left. If you place it on the right side of the screen, each label will be aligned on the right. Similarly, if you place it toward the center of the screen, the labels will be centered.

This is a free update for Excalibur 6 users.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Excalibur 6 updated for Vegas Pro 13

edward you are a gent!

i can't tell you how useful excal. has been over the years - it's my go to on nearly every project.

i'm not using vegas so much now i'v moved to resolve, but will look at 14 IF you rework excal for it, even if i have to buy it anew

thanks and good luck
Old August 17th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #3

Leslie, I just uploaded a new build 6.13.0.38003 with a fix for a color issue on the revised Quick Labels.

Yes, I do certainly plan on updating Excalibur for Vegas Pro 14. It will be a free update for Excalibur 6 users.
Old August 18th, 2016, 12:58 AM   #4
Old Boot

Hi Edward, I've found that only 8 out of all the 48 colour options are carried through to the final QL. What am I doing wrong?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2016, 04:21 PM   #5

Grazie, I'm simply taking the color chosen and passing the ARGB values to Vegas. So there should be no issues with any color being passed through unless it's an issue of me passing 0-255 and Vegas is expecting 0-1. I'll double check that.What's an example of a color that did not pass?
Old August 18th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #6

Ok, version 6.13.0.32480 is now available at the same link and same file name. It was an issue where Vegas is using values of 0-1 instead of 0-255 and I was passing the standard 0-255.
Old August 18th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Ed, thanks so much, Excalibur rules.
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Wand View Post
edward you are a gent!

i can't tell you how useful excal. has been over the years - it's my go to on nearly every project.

i'm not using vegas so much now i'v moved to resolve, but will look at 14 IF you rework excal for it, even if i have to buy it anew

thanks and good luck
Hi Leslie,

If you have been following the threads on Magix Vegas Pro 14, if not, Magix is still offering Sony Vegas Pro 13 now for $200 USD with a free upgrade to Magix Vegas Pro 14 later in September. The offer now expires end of August and the purchase does not require proof of a previous version.
Old August 20th, 2016, 02:16 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dean View Post
Hi Leslie,

If you have been following the threads on Magix Vegas Pro 14, if not, Magix is still offering Sony Vegas Pro 13 now for $200 USD with a free upgrade to Magix Vegas Pro 14 later in September. The offer now expires end of August and the purchase does not require proof of a previous version.
Wonder if they'll do anything for those of us who already own 13. Oh, and by the way, it's interesting that Sony Vegas was sold on version "13", not that I'm superstitious or anything.
Old August 20th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #10
Trustee

hi george,

already have 13, but have more or less moved on to resolve. however if there's a decent offer for 14 to owners of 13 then i'll probably spring for it. i still love and use vegas for fast rough cutting and throwing together talking heads.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...