Vegas Pro 14 from $199 to $349. Special prices until September 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 21st, 2016, 06:01 PM   #1
Trustee

Vegas Pro 14 from $199 to $349. Special prices until September 27

I'm subscribed to receive updates and got this in my email yesterday.
It says "Upgrade offer" in the email but people might still be able to take advantage of it regardless if they have Vegas Pro 14 or not. If anyone is going to buy it, please report back.

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com...n/#productMenu

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; September 21st, 2016 at 07:00 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 05:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Vegas Pro 14 from $199 to $349. Special prices until September 27

I took the plunge and went for it. I already have Vegas pro 13 since it first came out. Got the download and the serial numbers via email, but also the serial numbers for Pro Dad and Newbluefx title pro express 3, but didn'the receive the download links for them...😐

I'm going to put it through its paces tonight. I can't wait to see what improvements have been done under the bonnet as it were ☺
Bryan Quarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 07:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Does the Vegas Edit have dolby digital out for export? I still have to make DVDs but use a different authoring program. I never got into DVDA, but I would like to have the dolby digital out still.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

I'm not sure why Magix is not sending out links to the bundled software. They certainly should be doing so.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2016, 12:53 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm waiting for the Steam Version so I can just login to my Steam account that I already own and have frictionless reinstallation in case I switch computers or operating systems.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2016, 03:12 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I just got the link after I telephoned Magix, I'm wondering if there's any reason to wait. I have 13, it's currently stable, my fear is that if I installed 14, I'll have tons of odd 'Vegasodities' as we had with Sony doing the development.
Old September 24th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #7
Trustee

Does anyone know what the situation is with selling on the old versions of Vegas. I have upgraded to each new version from v6 to v13 and have sold on each of my previous versions as per the rules Sony laid down. I assume the same rules apply...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Renton,

There was considerable confusion about the licensing from Magix. To my understanding it is pretty much the same as Sony, but not exactly. After reading several other posts asking your same question I have not seen an adequate response with the definitive answer. I wouldn't assume. But I also don't know if anyone reporting actually contacted Magix with that inquiry. If you get an answer I hope you will post a follow up. I'm not purchasing from Magix for various reason and therefore will keep v13 and will not be selling it, at least not at this time, but would be curious to the answer.
Old September 26th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #9
Trustee

Thanks George.

I haven't contacted Magix yet...though I did make an initial attempt to purchase 14.

However when I attempted to get my 'forgotten password' (if it exists...presuming a hangover from Sony), it said an email was being sent to me but none has arrived. So it appears that I need to have another go and sign up before the 27th, or some such...

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 02:45 AM   #10
Major Player

From Magix people I've read, that the date of sept. 27 is not really fixed. Because of a delay in transition of customer data from Sony to Magix, there is some delay in the sending of update offers through e-mail.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 08:31 AM   #11
Major Player

This v14 launch sure went from joy and jubilation to a train wreck in a hurry. I need a stable system more than any new features. Think I'll stick with v13 until they get it all sorted out. I doubt Vegas will ever be able to grade FS7 footage like a dedicated program, so maybe now's the time to get the full version of Resolve and start learning that.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 09:10 AM   #12
Major Player

You are absolutely right, Mark.
I will also stick to version 13.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 08:02 AM   #13
Regular Crew

The Magix roll-out of v14 has become a very disappointing mess. It's their business now and they have the right to run it as they will and treat the loyal Vegas users as they like. I have the right not to participate and that is my decision. I will stick with v13 and slowly make the switch to Resolve as I learn it.
Old September 28th, 2016, 06:03 AM   #14
Inner Circle

I'm still waiting for them to release it on Steam. But this thread is suggesting I wait for a bugfix before getting the latest version?
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dean View Post
The Magix roll-out of v14 has become a very disappointing mess. It's their business now and they have the right to run it as they will and treat the loyal Vegas users as they like. I have the right not to participate and that is my decision. I will stick with v13 and slowly make the switch to Resolve as I learn it.
Good luck with resolve, every time I have tried to use it it has crashed. Vegas has been much more stable. I was lucky in buying another copy of VP13 for my son and got VP14 free (£149/$199). Not much has changed, boring black icons, no AC3Pro (unless you know the workround), I would have been disappointed if I had paid the current upgrade price.
Andy Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...