VEGAS Pro 14 Update 3 (build 201) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 18th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

VEGAS Pro 14 Update 3 (build 201)

We are happy to announce that earlier today we rolled out Update 3 (build 201) for VEGAS Pro 14. This update is packed with improvements, and all of the fixes and enhancements we've included sprang directly from your feedback, so we want to thank you for your passion and input! We hope you enjoy the new version!

Download build 201 now with the help of the following link: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=V97RB4X7W66W

Here you can read the patch notes for this update:

New features of this Update
⦁ Improved the Velocity envelope Set to functionality so that all points selected with the Envelope Selection tool will be set to the value entered for any of the other selected points
⦁ Added functionality for reading and saving project media tags to HEVC and ProRes media
⦁ Add new Velocity envelope presets (20% and 40%) to make working with high-frame-rate video easier
⦁ Greatly increased the number of scripts that can be shown in the Scripts menu
⦁ Added a general preference to allow users to enable legacy GPU rendering
⦁ Expanded the low-end range of the sharpen effect to allow access to softer values
⦁ Native support for reading ProRes 4444 files with full bit-depth
⦁ ProRes rendering capabilities including presets
⦁ Trimmer toolbar Add buttons and keyboard shortcuts now always honor the Trimmer in and out points
⦁ Hover scrub improvements have been made to support quantization, snapping, and showing selection
⦁ Support for reading HEVC hvc1 file variants

Bug Fixes
⦁ Resample mode now respects the Start all new projects with these settings checkbox in Project Properties
⦁ Loading multiple ProRes clips at the same time no longer crashes the application
⦁ Custom keyboard mapping for scripts now persists
⦁ Text that showed up badly cropped in the Titles & Text plug-in dialog box when running in Windows 7 now displays properly
⦁ Undoing a change to project properties frame rate no longer prevents the timeline cursor from functioning properly
⦁ Luminance values are now displayed properly for ProRes files
⦁ Plugged a memory leak that occurred when loading multiple AVCHD or HDV files (fixed in previous update)
⦁ Adjustments you make in the video event FX Curves panel are now saved properly
⦁ ProRes files rendered from VEGAS Pro now properly report interlacing and audio information
⦁ Removed a Render Alpha Channel checkbox that mistakenly appeared when rendering to a CineForm AVI file (which does not support an alpha channel)
⦁ Hit Film Express interoperability is now functioning properly
⦁ Media tags are now properly saved for Panasonic P2 files
⦁ The update process now works without crashing in all upgrade scenarios
⦁ VEGAS Pro no longer exhibits random crashes upon closing the application
⦁ Help topic for Working with HFR broken link has been repaired
⦁ VEGAS Pro no longer crashes when attempting to read ProRes HQ - 4096x2160-23.976p files
⦁ HDV/AVCHD file loading is no longer significantly slowed in VEGAS Pro 14 compared to previous versions
⦁ Quantize to Frame now work as expected when setting project video settings to match media, and project/clip frame rates differ
⦁ Wavehammer Surround demo beeps are now properly removed from registered product
⦁ The selection rectangle now shows up for each tool that includes a color picker.
⦁ Fixed stuttering/judder issues related to playback/rendering of certain HEVC/ProRes files

MAGIX see.feel.hear.create

(Reference 1 : https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...d-201--104523/ )
(Reference 2 : https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1015190 )
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: VEGAS Pro 14 Update 3 (build 201)

I've been running the trial version for a couple of weeks and today I bought the upgrade for Vegas Pro Edit. I used the serial number I received to activate it. Can this new build be used to update Vegas Edit and, if so, how do I update it?
Ron Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 11:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The included link here ( http://rdir.magix.net/?page=V97RB4X7W66W ) only contains Vegas Pro 14 package - and I think it should be fine.
Just download it (424.5MB), and run it. The installer will detect earlier version and ask you if you want to upgrade.
After installation successful, run VP14, and the program ask for S/N activation again. Just proceed and done.
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 11:57 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks, that worked.
Ron Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

still no fix for the New blue Titler???? Crashes when started on mine even after update!
Ian Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 02:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Chapman View Post
still no fix for the New blue Titler???? Crashes when started on mine even after update!
I think I read in a couple threads weeks ago, that the issue with New Blue Titler was being addressed by New Blue and they hoped to have a fix soon. I'm assuming "soon" is relative!!!
Old November 19th, 2016, 03:10 PM   #7
Regular Crew

When I import prores clips from a pix E5 with only audio on channel one. I have no audio on the vegas audiotrack. I have audio in vegas 13 but not in vegas 14 since the first release of 14. This hasn't been fixed with the new release. I also have a system with 2 xeon 18cores (so that's 36cores/72thr) E5 v3 processors and in the about window it seems like vegas is seeing only one processor. Support for the new xavc class480 would also be nice in a future upgrade....
Meanwhile I Have seen that the files from the pix E5 contain 24bit audio and vegas 14 seems to only read 16bit audio on prores files. There is also no option to render audio to 24bit in prores. So no files for playback on a pix-E can be rendered either...

Last edited by Jurgen Bauwens; November 19th, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
Jurgen Bauwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 03:58 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Try disabling the mxhevcplug.dll plugin.

Browse to C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mxhevcplug (if you are installing to default folder), then rename this folder to something else, like 'mxhevcplug_OFF'.

Doing this will force VP14 to use qt7plug.dll, the plugin used in VP13.
The multichannel audio issue has been known by developers, and they are trying to solve it.

I personally only tested it with ARRI Group: AMIRA SAMPLE FOOTAGE which contains 5 channels, and the audio is mixed.
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...