Do I need DVD Architect? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:33 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Do I need DVD Architect?

Where is our wedding video? It's coming we started uploading last Thursday so be patient!! No thanks!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:51 PM   #17
Trustee

just what we need the nbn for eh?
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:18 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I have given up on using ADSL2 for uploads ..at 2mbps it just takes too long, From reports I have heard the NBN upload in some places isn't that great either. Because we live broadcast we stick to a 4G hotspot with Telstra and I also use it at home for uploads ..get at least 22mbps (and that's on a bad day!)

Quite a few of my mates over East do the same despite already having NBN!!
Old January 27th, 2017, 03:43 AM   #19
Trustee

thankfully i simply leave mine go overnight (2.5mbs on a good day) - they're generally low res mp4 with tc for client approval and the like. for anything more i send them a usb in an overnight satchel - so far aus post has been very reliable.

i doubt we'll ever get nbn to the house (were rural), and our g4 is pretty iffy at times - also it doesn't look cheap to use. what sort of plan are you on?

meanwhile it's 30deg and we had 30mm rain yesterday so it hot and sticky, which was fun back in the 60's, but not nowadays ;-(
Old January 27th, 2017, 08:15 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Leslie

I'm prepaid so it's very pricey - $10 per GB !!! 15GB costs me $140 though but remember brides are paying for streaming so I cover that in the cost. I spoke to Telstra and the guy said wait until they come out with a monthly plan with double data rate ...so it comes out at $5 per GB instead of $10 ..What plans have you found ??? ?? Sometimes I use 10 GB in a month and sometimes 1GB ....With a plan I don't think they rollover unused data do they ..he did say that excess data is $10 per GB which is what I pay now!! This is just a 4GX wifi hotshot I use not a phone!!
Old January 27th, 2017, 04:55 PM   #21
Trustee

we've got adsl2+ - which of course is a joke. as i wrote, 2.5mbs is NOT anywhere near the 'promise' of adsl, let alone 2+.

we've still got a landline, and every time i've complained (telstra), they've up my monthly allowance. i'm sitting on about 500gb a month and keep explaining to them that even if i wanted to i probably couldn't use it up ;-(

i haven't look at plans recently - was frightened off a few months ago, and for my needs i'll suffer and complain, but not pay what i thought back then were outrageous prices.

there's a few people i know who've signed up for wireless (line of sight) nbn. seems they were all very happy to start with, good u/down speeds, etc., but as more people have jumped on the less reliable and speedy their connections have become. it wasn't cheap either.

i have some friends in muswellbrook where the 'estate' they live on has full nbn. apparently very fast u/down, but again, they're screwed with data limits vs costs.

i'll plod on with my existing connection till something more reasonable turns up. when we moved here we were on dial-up, so anything is better than that ;-)
Old January 27th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Hi Leslie

After my praise about 4G I did a wedding stream yesterday evening and the connection was flaky to say the least ..very weird though cos on a speed test it showed 2.5mbps download but 18 mbps upload ..HUH? The download is normally always faster isn't it? Anyway my encoder 15 minutes later would not connect to the wifi at the start of the ceremony but then later all was well again ...sometimes I wonder about our internet service!! I listen to a guy on the radio last night complain bitterly about his NBN ..he was promised 25 mbps and says he never gets better than 3 or 4 and was told that the 25 was a MAX figure depending on the load ...so I'll skip NBN for now thank you!!!
Old January 27th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #23
Trustee

yep - all smoke and mirrors and empty promises. frankly BOTH parties are to blame and it's not getting any better. if they'd stop with their trashy adverts and spent the money on the network maybe things might get a bit better.
Old July 10th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
I have had Sony Vegas since Version 4 and only used Architect once ...I have used DVD Lab from Mediachance since then and love it. However based on the fact that DVD manufacturers are already stopping production I would get too stressed about a DVD Production program ..You will soon have to start thinking about different media. We only supply DVD's for weddings now if we specifically get asked for them ..otherwise it a USB ... quicker and easier ... shuck I think my DVD player in the living room hasn't been used for years! Over here the last "video store" closed it doors last week so sadly it's a dying media ..pity because I like the fact that it's a "physical product" that has a value attached to it unlike an online video link.

I wonder if 4K disk players will ever catch on ..BluRay was a dismal failure !! What will we get next that you can open the case, look at the cover then physically put the media into a player ... I think I'll miss that!!
Hey Chris,

I'm trying to refine my Sony Vegas 13 to USB process, especially for weddings where I want max quality for size. Would you be willing to share your output formula you've found to be the best? You may have done it already on the forum, just haven't found it. Thanks in advance.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...