Vegas Pro 15 Release Date at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 15 Release Date

Dear community,

Almost a full year has passed since the revival of VEGAS Pro, and what ride it's been! Your support and enthusiasm have been nothing short of amazing. You have given us fantastic feedback and ideas for the future. So now we're excited to announce that the future you helped create begins to unfold with the release of VEGAS Pro 15 on August 28.

What can you expect from VEGAS Pro 15? Well, we can't list all the new features just yet, but here are a couple that we'll know you'll be interested in because they came directly from your feedback!

A GUI for everyone

From the moment you open the new software, you'll notice major UI changes which are not only designed to look pretty, but also bring innovative usability improvements to your workflow. Now more than ever, you can choose the GUI setup that works for you. For example, from in depth community discussion, we learned that some of you like a dark background, and some want to keep a lighter background. Some want monochromatic buttons, and some value buttons with color. Now those choices are up to you! And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to optimizing your workspace so that it works most efficiently for your unique editing style and workflow.

Editing speed efficiencies

You supplied a number of great ideas on how VEGAS Pro could speed your editing even more. We've implemented a number of these features. For instance, you wanted a "one-click" way to create a freeze frame in an event, and so in VEGAS Pro 15, you have exactly such a tool. Now, instead of following a multi-step procedure to create a freeze-frame video, you can accomplish the task with far less clicking. And that's just one example of how we've made editing faster and more intuitive.

Hardware accelerated Encoding/Decoding

VEGAS Pro 15 leverages modern hardware for accelerated encoding and decoding, including support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and other technologies.

We don't want to spoil all the surprises, but you'll only have to wait a little longer to get to know the other features and improvements of VEGAS Pro 15. We hope you are as excited as we are!

Best regards,
Mathias

Ref: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...-date--107253/
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Vegas Pro 15 Release Date

Thanks, sounds exciting.
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Message for Edward Troxel:

Hi Edward,

Can you tell us whether Excalibur 6-14-0 will work with Vegas 15 please?

Thanks.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:35 AM   #4
Old Boot

No replies?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:53 AM   #5
Inner Circle

None yet. I'm keen to continue using some of the features in Excalibur, though, as they have become part of my daily routine.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:34 AM   #6
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
None yet.
Not that we could know, but do you think he's possibly under an NDA? In which case his hands would be tied until such time as a release was made available. Do you really need to know prior to a public release? I've also got a mass of Scripts and stuff. My experience with The Madders - the Madison VegMiesters - is we've never been left high and dry regarding "partner" software. If Excalibur is this important to you, prior to release, why don't you drop MAGIX a direct email?

If it helps, from what I'm reading and I'm sure you have too, VP15 is imminent.

Last edited by Graham Bernard; August 3rd, 2017 at 04:20 AM.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 04:49 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I think as long as they keep VP14's API script, it should work with the upcoming VP15... but, again... we will never knew until released... Hopefully it is working.
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:45 AM   #8
Trustee

Still on Windows 7 64 and Vegas 12 here editing in 4K .... why upgrade when it ain't broke.

I can see myself using my current set up for atleast another 5 years.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:01 PM   #9
Major Player

Same here, I'm sitting on Vegas 13 and everything works much better than earlier crash-prone versions I had, since Vegas Pro 8. I'd have to see lots of positive comments about anything new, and not from those reviewers who always say good stuff and then we find the bad stuff later. I want to hear from guys on here before I commit to an upgrade, and I'm still on Windows 7 64-bit, which is working for me also.

The newer Sager laptops probably won't offer any option for Windows 7, so whenever I have to replace my 2015 Sager, I guess that's when I'll have Windows 10 or whatever is out. Wish I had gotten the thunderbolt option though, now that I see how fast it is....

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
Not that we could know, but do you think he's possibly under an NDA? In which case his hands would be tied until such time as a release was made available.
As am I, which is why I can't detail why I am asking, but I can't see any issue with saying whether you plan to ensure your software will be compatible with the new version of its host. There was a v14 specific version of Excalibur that addressed changes in scripting features. Who's to know if there aren't similar changes in v15?

Quote:
Do you really need to know prior to a public release?
Well yeah, kinda! Bearing in mind Vegas has been the core of my business since 2003 I think it would be prudent for me to ensure I don't waste time trying to troubleshoot third party problems when I can get a straight yes or no direct from the horses mouth. Admittedly, there are only a handful of features of Excalibur that I use frequently - but those features I use pretty much every single day and it would be inconvenient to have to change my comfortable way of working - to the extent that I would think twice about whether or not to upgrade. As someone else said in this thread - if it ain't broke, why upgrade? For my purposes I would rephrase it as 'if it might break, why upgrade'?

Quote:
If Excalibur is this important to you, prior to release, why don't you drop MAGIX a direct email?
I did, hence this request :-)
Old August 17th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #11
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Message for Edward Troxel:

Hi Edward,

Can you tell us whether Excalibur 6-14-0 will work with Vegas 15 please?

Thanks.
I can't tell you until after it's released.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2017, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
As am I, which is why I can't detail why I am asking, but I can't see any issue with saying whether you plan to ensure your software will be compatible with the new version of its host. There was a v14 specific version of Excalibur that addressed changes in scripting features. Who's to know if there aren't similar changes in v15?
Yes, if there are any issues I intend to make sure it is properly working.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 08:01 AM   #13

Yes, I can tell you that Excalibur and Montage Magic will both work fine in Vegas Pro 15.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...