New vegas pro 15 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 1st, 2017, 03:03 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: New vegas pro 15

There seems to be a number of features that would offer advantages over V14, although that would depend on if they were part of your workflow.,

For example (apart from the UI)
A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec
ACES 1.0 support
LUT Filter OFX plug-in
iPhone/iPad footage now opens correctly (without requiring Quicktime)
Panasonic GH5 10-bit 422 footage now opens correctly
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 09:39 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Drysdale View Post
There seems to be a number of features that would offer advantages over V14, although that would depend on if they were part of your workflow.,

For example (apart from the UI)
A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec
ACES 1.0 support
LUT Filter OFX plug-in
iPhone/iPad footage now opens correctly (without requiring Quicktime)
Panasonic GH5 10-bit 422 footage now opens correctly
Why do we care about "A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec"? It is a key advance, benefiting all, of 15 over 14. Namely that the software, for these codecs, can utilize hardware to process (Intel and Nvidia GPU's). This results in much faster render times.

Last edited by Mark Rosenzweig; September 1st, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 03:43 PM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

Here's the official list from the VP15 help file:

What's new in this version

A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines that utilize Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology
A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics card GPU technology
The user can now select from the list of attributes of a copied timeline clip event to specify which attributes will be pasted into a target event
ACES 1.0 support enable users to work with the expanded color spaces and dynamic range of modern cameras.
More efficient handling of AVC files on the timeline through Intel QSV technology
Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in enables the user to perform size and position adjustments of video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
Crop OFX plug-in enables the user to quickly crop out portions of a video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
The user can specify which track header buttons and controls appear on tracks and set these (separate for audio and video tracks) as project defaults for all new tracks in the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus)
Redesigned timeline clip events now contain headers to hold important information and buttons and can be customized through the hamburger button/menu system.
The user can specify which controls appear in the transport area of both the Trimmer Window and the Video Preview window as project defaults for the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
A simple "one-click" option creates a freeze frame on all selected events touched by the timeline cursor
Users can specify one of four options for the shading of the VEGAS Pro interface ranging from very bright to a dark interface
Users can define the amount (strength) of color they want shown in their buttons
Modern controls enable logical docking and undocking of windows and maximizing windows within a dock
A user-friendly and intuitive Render As dialog box makes it easy to understand and specify render options
The Share Online option now provides direct render-and-upload operations for YouTube, FaceBook, and Vimeo
Optimized default user layout to reduce visual clutter
Non-selected timeline clip events are now the same color as the corresponding track header while selected events are white. This (while directly opposite previous behavior) reduces visual "clutter" and the harsh appearance of events, particularly in large projects
New layout option enables user to switch back to the VEGAS Pro 14 default layout, including revealing all buttons in the hamburger menu system
Updated button glyph for the Record and Arm for Record buttons clarifies the function of these buttons
The default Pan type has been changed to Constant Power which is the most logical and expected type
Audio notification alerts you when your render is complete for all format types
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:43 AM   #19
New Boot

I just can't help but wonder if vegas 15 is going to cause the same problems with NewBlue that was caused by the upgrade from 13 to 14. Personally, I don't think they ever resolved that problem to everybody's satisfaction. Certainly not mine. I swore after I completely had to reformat the entire system on my dedicated desktop after 14 corrupted so many files that I would never upgrade or spend another penny with Magix until they resolved those problems. I still have a chain of emails and smart mouth responses from Magix when my problems started. I have to agree that it is just another money grab by Magix. If you look carefully at the upgrade offer the $199 is for Vegas Pro "Edit". So you are taking a step back from the full suite with the upgrade offer. The offer for the suite isn't all that great.
Gary Bohlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 15 Update 1 (Build 216) released!

Read more here:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...ssion--108930/
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #21
Major Player

Just upgraded to Vegas Pro 15 edit. I was sent an e-mail with an offer that includes Music Maker, Boris Continuum 3D Objects and VP15 edit for £149. Not much more than previous upgrades. I deceided that I didn't need New Blue FX, Hitfilm Essentials or any more DVD authoring programs and only ever use noremal edit/compositing functions of Vegas.
It's worth it to get 10bit 4:2:2 4k capability and rendering using up to date GPU cards.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 10:35 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Salvatore View Post
Great thank you. Excalibur is one of the reasons I still use Vegas.
Me too. Excalibur is excellent.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...