vegas movie studio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Major Player

vegas movie studio

I use Sony Vegas Movie studio platinum 10 now and then and after having a problem with Avast , every
time I try to open the movie studio programme a message says "Scripted Diagnostics native host has stopped working" and the programme wont open. What it means I have no idea and at the age of 90 I never will. Can anything be done to resolve this problem? More importantly now that Magix is owning Vegas movie studio, can I re-install the Sony movie studio 10 using my original Disc and license details supplied by Sony, or have I lost it forever. Thanks for any advice given.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: vegas movie studio

Have you tried uninstalling avast ? Maybe use another antivirus ?
You should be able to reinstall your vegas after.

Paul.
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Paul. Yes I have uninstalled AVAST and am still using Malwarebytes . It has made no difference. Other certain programmes are affected as well and the message with them is "an error has occurred in the script on this page". I can always use those programmes though by saying I want to continue running scripts. I have to do that every time I use the affected programmes. It is only movie studio that I can't use.
Old September 19th, 2017, 01:39 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Before you reinstall, try resetting your VMSP 10
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...tings--104646/

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...tware--104782/ section 4 (and/or 3) advises how you can download your VMSP 10.
Jorma Nippala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:30 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for your answers, But I don't understand one word of it. My age and ignorance of course. My post did say I was asking about VEGAS MOVIE STUDIO 10 PLATINUM. Most of the answers refer to Vegas PRO. Does the advice also apply to Movie Studio. I think I will have to try re-installing Vegas movie studio 10 and if it doesn't activate using the license code, I'll forget it and just using Adobe. Thanks everyone.
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:46 AM   #6
Trustee

Roy, i would try to reset Vegas before uninstalling it, you have nothing to lose.
I would try these instructions, i know it says for Vegas Pro but you have nothing to lose, also it states at the bottom, "For older products".

Close VEGAS Pro
Press CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard while double-clicking the program's icon to launch it.
You should see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?"

Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click "Yes".
For older products, continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully loaded.

The other option is to do a system restore.

Let us know what happens.
Paul.

Last edited by Paul Kellett; September 19th, 2017 at 02:47 AM. Reason: .
Paul Kellett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:52 AM   #7
Trustee

Here you are, a video tutorial for resetting Vegas.

Paul.
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:51 AM   #8
Major Player

PAUL. Thanks for your replies. I have tried what you suggest but it has made no difference. Movie Studio. will not open and the same message comes up. I already did a system restore because of another PC problem and that's when AVAST started to block everything. After I un-installed Avast the present problem started. Thanks for your interest. Roy
Old September 19th, 2017, 04:19 AM   #9
Trustee

Ok so it's time to start pinning things down.
How far back did you do a system restore ?
The next thing i would do is to download download a trial of a newer version of Vegas, whichever one you want to try, just to see if your problem persists, obviously this will cost you nothing.You can have multiple versions of Vegas on your pc.

Video programs of VEGAS Movie Studio family in comparison

After that, if the problem persists then i would manually uninstall every program that i don't need, if that didn't fix the problem then i'd just reinstall windows.

Paul.
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:37 AM   #10
Major Player

Hi. PAUL. I have downloaded a trial of Movie studio 14 Suite and it is working on the PC. What next do you suggest? Thanks. Roy
Old September 19th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #11
Trustee

Well to be honest, if 14 is working i would just buy it and stick with that, rather than try and get 10 to work.

Paul.
Old September 19th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #12
Regular Crew

I agree with Paul. If you do decide to upgrade, be sure to use the special (soon to expire) upgrade offer here
Upgrade
Your SVMSP 10 serial number should be eligible.
Jorma Nippala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
Well to be honest, if 14 is working i would just buy it and stick with that, rather than try and get 10 to work.

Paul.
Hi Paul. I will do that. But first I will try to re-install 10. A friend, well versed in PC matters has suggested it might be Internet explorer causing bother and suggests install Google chrome and se what happens. Might be worth a try. Thanks for all your help. Roy
Old September 19th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorma Nippala View Post
I agree with Paul. If you do decide to upgrade, be sure to use the special (soon to expire) upgrade offer here
Upgrade
Your SVMSP 10 serial number should be eligible.
Thanks Jorma. I will remember that.
Old September 20th, 2017, 02:45 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post

Paul.
Hi Paul and Jorma. I have cured PC problems by downloading Google Chrome and I have un-installed Vegas Movie Studio 10 and installed it on another PC successfully. Later I am going to install it again on the original PC and see if it works. Roy
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...