Different audio clips to be uni at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Trustee

Different audio clips to be uni

Hallo i m editing a couple of interviews recorded in different years with different devices.
In a few one i hear a little noise and i wouldlike to give the audio track with the whole interviews an overall aligned sound. Could anybody out there give me an hand? I should compressor instrument right?
Thank you somuch
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:28 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Different audio clips to be uni

When I need to clear some noise from the voice track, I use Audacity, by first selecting some of the noise, then, from the menu, Effect / Noise Reduction. Then I click Get Noise Profile.

After that, I select the entire noisy section of the track and again, from the menu, Effect Noise Reduction, and then click OK to apply the noise reduction using the noise profile from the first step.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Trustee

thank you adam!
What about the compressor fx in vegas? Do you use itto align everything?
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Trustee

No, I just use Audacity for any audio editing: Export any audio clip from Vegas to a .wav file, edit the file in Audacity, save that to .wav, then replace the sound of the clip with the edited version on Vegas timeline, so everything remains perfectly aligned as it was before.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...