Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!

Read more here:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...d-261--109529/
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!

Good thing I still have VP13. VP15 will open and let me do editing, but when I try to save the project or render it, I get a message that my license is not valid. I have also been getting a notice that I'm not connected to the internet, so after not being connected for over 30 days, the program becomes useless.
Another phone-home product failure.
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Have you tried reporting it to developers?
https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form
Old November 30th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Major Player

No. It wasn't in there before, didn't get put in by accident, so why report behavior that was programmed into the software intentionally? Is the rationale that if enough people complain about it, it will be removed? You're pushing customers away with stuff like this when you need to be doing the opposite.

Where in the documentation would I have been made aware of this new limitation?
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #5
Trustee

I've also noticed that every time you go to render to a number of the stock installed codecs VP15 needs to go 'home' to base to get authorization on the codec in use. So far MPEG-2 and MP3 have needed to do an 'ET'.. by going home. This was never the case with Sony. The new order of the day no doubt.

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...age=4#ca672586

Here's the explanation by Gary according to the 'Phone Home' issue.

And, as for codecs that requires additional activations, here's the list we found so far:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...-faqs--104787/ - FAQ no 10.
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:08 PM   #7
Major Player

Quick question about v15: Since they seem to have added Nvidia support, did they remove AMD/OpenCL support?
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:57 AM   #8
New Boot

Just add to the list of questions, I guess. Is anybody else having pan/crop issues? Trying to pixelate a face and getting all kinds of weird renders. It seems to only do half of an event or doesn't pixelate at all.
Gary Bohlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 02:58 AM   #9
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bohlk View Post
Is anybody else having pan/crop issues? Trying to pixelate a face and getting all kinds of weird renders. It seems to only do half of an event or doesn't pixelate at all.
Working as expected here. Can't repro your comments.

I'm using VP15 Build 261:

Pixelation Method 1: Successfully used VEGAS Pixelate in Pan/Crop using the Mask and Applied FX control - OK

Pixelation Method 2: Successfully used HitFilm Witness Protection (Pixelate) - OK

Rendered both examples and they are both what I would expect. No issues at all.

What you are seeing could be the result of several things:

1] Setup: I'd need to see your VEG to determine your setup and then need to know what your Project Settings.

2] .NET Framework: I've noticed that VP relies heavily on this Microsoft program to be up to date. I'm up to 4.7.

3] Encode Template: My Encode matches my Project Settings.

Here are the results:

DV Info Net

DV Info Net
Attached Thumbnails
Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-hitfilm-pixelate-medium-.png   Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-vegas-pixelate-medium-.png  

Last edited by Graham Bernard; January 12th, 2018 at 03:13 AM. Reason: adding supporting examples
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 09:55 AM   #10
New Boot

Hi Graham, Yeah, I just downloaded 15 on Monday so I have the latest build. It downloaded and installed the latest .NET framework as well.

If I take the examples you have at the bottom, I'll try to explain my problem. I get the same result you do unless I pan the mask to follow my subject. In your case the bird. I have about 3 seconds where I am trying to pixelate the subjects identity. The pan starts working and then about half way through the 3 seconds it just stops panning and the subject basically walks out of the pixelated mask and is clearly visible. In a stationary object I can pixelate with no problem at all. It is the pan that is not working. When I preview in the event/pan-crop window the keyframes are there and it follows the subject all the way. When I preview on the timeline...like I said, it stops literally at the half way point. The next time I preview it without mnaking any changes it might pixelate the entire frame but only to the half way point. My work around has been to use VP 13. It works fine there. Then I render it and drop it on to my timeline in VP 15. Seems to be a waste of resources to have to do that.
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #11
Old Boot

Quote:
I get the same result you do unless I pan the mask to follow my subject. In your case the bird. I have about 3 seconds where I am trying to pixelate the subjects identity. The pan starts working and then about half way through the 3 seconds it just stops panning and the subject basically walks out of the pixelated mask and is clearly visible.
I've just completed a sample with two people walking, one at speed and one sauntering, and I have BOTH targets pixillated whilst in motion, moving from Left to Right, across the full frame. I rendered to a New Track and the results are perfect. It is working as I would expect. No waste of time here.
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:30 PM   #12
Old Boot

Quote:
When I preview in the event/pan-crop window the keyframes are there and it follows the subject all the way. When I preview on the timeline...like I said, it stops literally at the half way point. The next time I preview it without mnaking any changes it might pixelate the entire frame but only to the half way point.
Here's a Run through from 2 seconds in to 7 seconds:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1515871686

Attached Thumbnails
Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-2-seconds-medium-.png   Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-4-seconds-medium-.png  

Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-6-seconds-medium-.png   Vegas Pro 15 Update 2 (Build 261) released!-7-seconds-medium-.png  

Old January 21st, 2018, 01:15 PM   #13
New Boot

Hey Graham, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have worked on this problem for several days and don't get your results. I see you're in the UK and I assume you are using PAL. I wonder if this could be a problem with NTSC. I know that sounds crazy but not sure I can figure any other explanation. Especially since it works fine in VP13. Just wondering.
Old January 21st, 2018, 01:54 PM   #14
Old Boot

Quote:
I know that sounds crazy .....
Yes, yes it does.
Old February 11th, 2018, 08:02 PM   #15
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setiawan Kartawidjaja View Post
Alas, it has the same problem as the previous builds of VP 15: It freezes while saying Creating Windows. Magix has truly destroyed my favorite video editor. 😫😠
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...