Importing from Kodak CD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 17th, 2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Trustee

Importing from Kodak CD

Is there a way to import images from Kodak CD as media in Vegas? Because when I try to install whatever software came on the CD, I get this error message:

KODAK Picture CD requires Windows NT with Service Pack 3or better to operate. Installation will now terminate.

I am so angry at Kodak for imposing its proprietary format because now I cannot get to the pictures from my own brother’s funeral simply because of corporate greed, which did not care that Windoiws NT would be outdated just a few years later.

I have Windows 10 with Vegas 14 and 15 installed on the system. How do I get those images to Vegas?
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 08:52 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Importing from Kodak CD

Install this plugin in to Photoshop (which I hope you have) and you will be able to convert the .pcd image files to another format which can then be brought in to your editing timeline.

IrfanView PlugIns

(This one may also be of use to you if you don't have Photoshop: Easy2Convert PCD to JPG Freeware (pcd2jpg))

Let us know how you progress with opening and recovering the images from that old file format.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:34 PM   #3
Trustee

Thank you so much! I do have IrfanView, and now that you mentioned it, I noticed that right-clicking on the disk has the option to browse with IrfanView, so suddenly I can see all those images.

Thank you very, very much, because these pictures are irreplaceable (I don’t know where the original film is).
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 11:09 PM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

You're welcome. The ability to get quality info to defeat show-stopper problems is one of the hallmarks of this forum.

Indeed I ordered by Sony PMW-300 camera based on info in these forums (and slightly on a couple of reviews elsewhere).

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 11:30 AM   #5
Trustee

I agree, this is the best forum on anything to do with video.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...