How do you make an animated logo? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 26th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How do you make an animated logo?

I want to make, insert a logo at the beginning of my videos into Vegas that is animated like the beginning of the video seen on this link below. Anyone know an easy way to make an animated logo?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlrJkPAl...d=93xtx2ubx2bw
Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2018, 01:06 AM   #2
Old Boot

Re: How do you make an animated logo?

Yeah sure.

If you’ve not got the expensive After Effects, and as you’ve asked the question, I’m assuming no, then to do it in Vegas is possible. And to answer your question no it’s not easy, but doable.

If you’ve not spent much time using Graphics editors then you’re going to struggle.

Simple workflow is :

1) Spend time with a pencil and paper and get your initial ideas down.

2) In a Graphics package generate all the elements of your design from 1) and save them in a format that will retain the transparent background, called the Alpha channel.

3) Import the elements into VP.

4) Using PanCrop and Track Motion manipulate the elements.

5) When you’re satisfied render to retain the Transparent background, I use Animation MOV.

Have fun!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2018, 01:10 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like I got a big learning curve ahead of me :(
Old July 27th, 2018, 01:43 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The easy way would be to rent after effects for one month and buy one of the many logo after effects templates you can find on sites like videohive.net, most of these templates are easy to adjust but you still need some basic understanding of how after effects works.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2018, 05:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thinking slightly 'sideways' you could look at creating an animated logo using CSS3 animation.
Something like this perhaps? : CSS Animations Generator

Once you have your CSS animation, you can then simply use a video capture program, to turn it into a video clip.

I did a simple version of the famous Star Wars 'crawl' intro using only CSS3 and HTML5, just to see how it turned out.... Only a bit of fun: http://www.jp137.com/lvs/StarWars.crawl.sample.mp4 (clip is only about 20MB)

Bit of a learning curve of course - as would be doing it with After Effects - but using CSS3 does have one advantage....it's free!
Roger Shore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2018, 09:22 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Jeff,

In example video, referring to the brief semi-transparent clock wipe thing? That is definitely an After Effects type of anim. There are lots of sites that sell pre-made templates for stuff like that, so you just insert your name and logo and it will create the fancy animation for you. Still requires some very basic knowledge of using AE, and of course the software.

Perhaps just hire this out? If you find a template online that you like, I bet a fellow editor on this forum in fact might be happy to render it out and send you the file. Wouldn't take long at all using a template.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2018, 07:55 PM   #7
Major Player

If you design the element as a still image, you can simply reveal it as a cropped event, positioned and sized with track motion, using a clock wipe transition.
Add and remove the different design elements within the circle as it progresses.
Add light flares or TV effects along the way.

All starts actually desiging/creating each of its pieces outside, then importing (as others pointed out, with transparent background intact. = could be a png).
if you use Photoshop, you can create the pieces as layers, easily exported separately out of the whole to manipulate individually in Vegas.
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 12:59 AM   #8
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Houchins II View Post
if you use Photoshop, you can create the pieces as layers, easily exported separately out of the whole to manipulate individually in Vegas.
No need to export separately. I can export from my Gaphics s/w simply as PS PSD file, import to Vegas and Ctrl+Right Drag and Add Across Tracks. This means all your Graphics Package Layers are converted immediately to Tracks, one on top of another and they can be individually manipulated - simples!

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1532847388
Attached Images

Old August 5th, 2018, 06:31 AM   #9
Trustee

If you don't want to do it yourself, try visiting fiver.com. Someone will do it cheap for you.
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #10
Regular Crew

OK, went on Fiver, had a few animated logos made by 2 different people. The current problem is they sent me "transparent" MOV files but when I insert them in a 2nd video track they are not transparent. My other videos do not appear at all. So it appears as if they are animated graphics with a black background. I must be doing something wrong?
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:53 AM   #11
Old Boot

Let’s assume the transparent or ALPHA Channel is there. Right click on the Logo Event Select Properties and Select Media then ALPHA then Premultiplied. Vegas won’t automatically reveal the Transparent or ALPHA Channel.

Report back here.
Old August 18th, 2018, 09:21 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Grahm, thank you, your solution did the trick!
Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...