Adding MetaData to your Bluray at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 26th, 2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adding MetaData to your Bluray

I have Vegas Pro 2012 and using DVD Architect 6.0 as part of that package.

I can't seem to find a way or a setting that allows you to create and save an image when burning for meta data purposes. This would be the image you see when you browse the content area on your PS3 or PS4.

Generally you'll see an image pop up with the name of your disc and the image. This image is loaded into the following folder on the disc - BDMV/META/DL. I've confirmed this on professionally pressed discs. On my home made discs all you see is a generic Bluray image. I would like to customized this.

However, when creating a disc using DVD Architect - the folder is there - but it's empty. How or where can you modify this by adding image(s)?

Or alternatively, if you can create a folder structure as the output rather than an ISO file then I could add the images manually to the DL folder prior to burning. If that is an option.....

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."

Last edited by Phil Hamilton; December 26th, 2018 at 06:59 PM.
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Adding MetaData to your Bluray

You got me curious with this request. I don't have a PS3 or 4 so couldn't test the results. Here's a work around I came up with. Give it a go and see if it works for you.

I took a DVDA BD ISO file that I had previously made and using WinRar extracted the ISO contents to a folder that WinRar named the same as the ISO file. I then navigated to the META folder but there was no DL folder inside that. I created a DL folder and dropped a JPG into it. All good so far. I then used ImgBurn,

The Official ImgBurn Website

using its option called "Create image file from files/folders." That successfully created a new BD ISO image without any problems. During the ImgBurn process when I selected the create image file option it prompted me saying something like. This looks like a BD image folder which is normally a UDF format do you want me to change to this format. I just said yes and away it went. It's a bit of a work around but doesn't take long. See how you go with it.

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes I did something similar - I copied the files from the home made bluray - and updated the META folder appropriately and YES after burning again with IMGBURN it works.

I am on Windows 7. For some reason though I can't get WINRAR to extract the folders from the ISO. I right click and it asks me the questions but nothing happens. Might be the version I am using - its a FREE one.

Anyways, thanks. I have a workaround but it requires me to burn a disc and then then get the files from that rather than straight from the ISO file.

It would be nice to have the option to ADD the META data while authoring the disc in DVDA. Strange it's not there.

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 12:15 AM   #4
Trustee

Phil

You shouldn't have to burn a disk to accomplish this. Just try a couple of other free WinRAR type apps that may do the job. I know it is said that you need WinRAR 3.71 or later to do this on Win 7. Or I guess you could use a read/write BD disc?

As you say a shame the capability isn't in DVDA. Doubt it will ever happen as it seems development on it has virtually stopped!

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...