No Thumbnail option in Vegas Pro explorer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 6th, 2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

No Thumbnail option in Vegas Pro explorer

Hi, my main machine is being replaced, so I went back to a former one with Pro 11 32 bit on it. Within the Explorer drop down menu there is no option given to display 'show thumbnails' and of course I can't view thumbnails, Anyone know of this plus a fix?

thanks

Ian
Ian Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: No Thumbnail option in Vegas Pro explorer

Ian, I don't have VP11, I have Sony Vegas Pro 13, so this may not apply and you have probably thought of it anyway.....if you grab the right side of the Explorer window and drag it left to shrink the display window there is a point that the 'View' option icon will disappear. Could that be the issue?

Otherwise have you tried.......clicking on the 'View' tab, then 'Windows Layout', then 'Default Layout' (keyboard shortcut Alt+D, D), to see if that will bring it back.
Old January 6th, 2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thumbnails is a View option in Explorer as of Vegas Pro 12 /VMSP 13. You might try right-clicking files/folders in Explorer. Choose then to "Explore Current Folder" and there the option to see Thumbnails.
See if it's of any help.
Jorma Nippala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 01:00 AM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Chapman View Post
Within the Explorer drop down menu there is no option given to display 'show thumbnails' and of course I can't view thumbnails, Anyone know of this plus a fix?
Hi Ian, you got your answer over on the COW, so as to a “fix” I don’t see this ever happening as VP has moved on and is owned by another company.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 05:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes mate. It was just that I had been using later editions on my now defunct computer, and when I reverted to an older one I couldn't work out what was going on...don't know how I ever managed without thumbnails...probably used Canon XF utility for most thumbnails. it's odd though that no thumbnails show up by default on V11...anyway thanks for your help and my new computer will be ready soon.

Ian
Ian Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 01:41 AM   #6
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Chapman View Post
it's odd though that no thumbnails show up by default on V11...
No Ian, not odd at all, it was never ever a VP11 feature to start with, so it couldn't have been revealed from a "default" Start opening. It just wasn't there to start with.

Anyways, good luck with the new PC - I love the smell of a new PC in the morning
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...