DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   cant record back to tape in vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/54988-cant-record-back-tape-vegas.html)

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 12:52 PM

cant record back to tape in vegas

Hello

I am trying to send my edited footage back to my FX1E for some reason it’s not working this is what i am doing.

1. Have the footage on the timeline in vegas 6

2. Going to tools then to Print Video to HDV Tape

3. a box comes up and for some reason it is recognizing my camera as 50i not 60i even tho it says FX1E in the box click next

4. Now another box comes up and i leave everything on default which is Render loop region and delete file after print click next

5. choose the device control, here everything is greyed out so i can’t choose anything so i click finish then it starts to render

6. once that is done a box comes up saying set the tape to the desired position which i have done

7. Now it says its printing to tape then the bar goes across but nothing happens the camera does not start to record anything

Camera Settings

VCR HDV/DV is set to HDV

A/V DV Out is set to off

Does anyone know what’s going on here do i need to download drivers or something?

Thanks

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 25th, 2005 01:59 PM

An FX1E IS 50i, it's a European camcorder. If you're in the states, that would suggest you bought it from a grey market dealer, or bought it overseas.

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 02:22 PM

Hi

Sorry i must have got mixed up i thought the FX1E was 60i

Any ideas why it’s not letting me record back to the tape?

I really need some help and really want to get my project back to the tape but now I don’t know what to do.

Do you know any where that has a step by step guide to set this up im pretty sure I have done it all correct but something must be wrong.

When it’s being recorded back to the tape do you see your footage being played on the LCD screen?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 25th, 2005 02:33 PM

you'll have to set your output for a 50i timeline. The FX1E can't accept a 60i stream, nor playback 60i tape. Only the Z1 can play both framerates.
Yes, as you print it back to tape, you can hear the audio and see the playback on your FX1 screen.
Other than the links I provided you with above, I'm not aware of any step-by-step instructions. They are also found in this thread in a couple posts.
You have NO choice but to print to 50i, so you should be editing a 50i timeline, not a 60i timeline.
Just curious, why did you buy a 50i camcorder if you're in the US?

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 02:55 PM

Hi

i am not in the US i am in the UK just tried starting a new project in vegas imported the 50i footage what i captured with HDLink started a 50i project and went to print video to HDV Tape and its still not working. Also when i go to options and then preferences then print device it will not let me select the 1394 it says Hot pluggable Device unavailable, But when i switch the I Link conv on the camera then the device becomes available.

Thanks

PS

What link above do you mean www.vasst.com? what page is it on there did a search for it and came up with nothing

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 25th, 2005 03:37 PM

Are you sure your camera is in HDV mode? It's set to VCR and not Camera? Tape not punched in/safety mode?

You're using the Print Video To HDV Tape preset/feature found under Tools in Vegas, right?
From there, pick the HDV 50i template.
Follow the automated steps, and it will print.

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 03:49 PM

Thank you so much douglas the problem was i had it set to camera and not VCR, Silly me

what a noob i am

Thanks again for the help

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 25th, 2005 03:52 PM

Glad you got it working. Nothing wrong with being new to it, we all once were. Question is....will you learn from your mistakes? :-)

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Glad you got it working. Nothing wrong with being new to it, we all once were. Question is....will you learn from your mistakes? :-)

Yes i definitely will do I love learning just so much to take in

Thanks again I am very happy now it sorted out

i am going to do a split screen with me talking to my self this will be fun maybe i'll post it up once i done it all.

Thanks

Phil Hamilton November 25th, 2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Rog
Hello
4. Now another box comes up and i leave everything on default which is Render loop region and delete file after print click next
Thanks

Jim - just to be sure regarding this comment....If you select a LOOP REGION on the timeline in VEGAS then leaving this box checked will only render that Region. I leave it unchecked because I want the entire timeline. Just verifying....

Regarding the DELETE AFTER PRINT what that means is that if you check this box then the new M2T file created will be deleted as soon as it records it back to your camera. If you want to keep it for some reason - uncheck the box.

phil

Jim Rog November 25th, 2005 08:41 PM

Thanks Phil

Yes i will keep the video so its there in the future if i ever need to go back to it then it will be there, or i might back it up onto a DVD as a data disk.

Thanks