Better HDV editing with .m2t or .mpg? in Vegas 6 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #16
Major Player

I have started capturing M2T for use with Gearshift with a free utility called HDV Split found here:

http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/

It basically is an M2T capture utility which automatically splits the video with scene detection into separate M2T files. I use it and love it.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #17
Major Player

To DSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
they're not interchangeable. GearShift isn't a capture tool, and CineForm can't build a proxy.
GearShift CAN convert your m2t files to proxy and CineForm at the same time, which is very useful for slower machines. If you have a fast machine (3.6 or faster) then you might find the CineForm-only workflow to be satisfactory.
Are you talking of a non-dual core processor of 3.6g ? I have a AMD 4200 dual core with 2g ram. Would my machine be slower,equal, or faster than the 3.6 you reference?

I just purchased the Vegas+dvd from Video Guys, and it came with VASSt trainning DVD's,Ultimate S, and Gear Shift (I think there demo versions?). I'm finishing up a couple of sd projects before starting on the HDV one I just shot last week, so please let me know the best way to go with my machine - Cineform, Gear SHift, both? Thanks-PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I have a P4 3gig with 1 gig ram, 200gig sata(video) + 80gig sata(programs)
I captured my clips via HDVsplit( which worked perfectly) and I can easily edit in PPRO 2.0 with native m2t files. The rendering time is pretty good assuming i save time not having to convert from m2t to cineform avi.
Jean Rousseau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...