DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas users favorite titlers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/57187-vegas-users-favorite-titlers.html)

Curt Coggns December 31st, 2005 06:04 PM

Vegas users favorite titlers

I'd like to get a feel for what titling program Vegas users prefer. I'm looking for something relatively straightforward but with potential for more elaborate titling. A relatively flat learning curve would be nice. What are the preferences.
Curt

Michael Wisniewski December 31st, 2005 06:17 PM

I use Photoshop + Vegas.

Don Bloom December 31st, 2005 06:59 PM

I've been using Bluff Titler for quite a while now and really like the simplicity and the quality. The new version has some nice new extras. Take a look at it at www.blufftitler.us

Don

Peter Jefferson January 1st, 2006 07:21 AM

"I've been using Bluff Titler for quite a while now and really like the simplicity and the quality. The new version has some nice new extras. Take a look at it at www.blufftitler.us
Don"

Bluff is incredible for the money.. on top of that it supports almost any resolution u can throw at it, for HDV work, i use custom resolutions, render to a targa sequence with transpaency, then let vegas do the rest...

superfast and a great workflow with the added benefits of ALMOST realtime rendering...

John Rofrano January 1st, 2006 12:41 PM

Define “more elaborate titling”. What do you need that the Vegas titler doesn’t do? I use the titler in Vegas. Unless you’re producing Monday Night Football or Used Car commercials it’s a perfectly adequate titler.

Cayman Graphics makes an excellent titler. Bluff Titler is OK depending on what you want to do. Boris Graffiti LTD that comes free with Vegas is a very capable titler and you already have it for free. I have a Boris Graffiti Tutorial on my web site that will get you up and running quickly with Boris.

Like I said, I just use the Vegas titler for 99% of my work and it does a fine job. Use compositing with a mask and motion backgrounds for some very interesting animated titles. It just doesn’t do 3D. When I need 3D titles I use Cinema 4D.

~jr

Peter Jefferson January 1st, 2006 10:44 PM

I also agree with Jon here.. my titles for weddings are similar to movie credits whereby video plays and we have a seqence rolling through with names etc...

Vegas titling has ALWYAS worked perfectly for this.. shadows, motion, ease of implementation and the fact that i can use a transition to roll them in, aves alot of rendering time..

if u need 3d stuff etc, then Bluff is good, never tried Cinema4d, but for what i do even bluff can be overkill sometimes..

John Rofrano January 2nd, 2006 11:38 AM

Oh. Cinema4D is way overkill for titles. It’s a 3D modeling program like Maya, 3D Studio Max, Lightware, etc. I would not recommend Cinema4D for title work. I should have made that clear (sorry). I use Cinema4D for other 3D work and it also makes a killer titler. (but not for the faint of heart) ;-)

I use to use Ulead Cool 3D which is another good 3D titler. Avoid the Cool 3D Production Studio version. It’s a rendering dog! Just get the Cool 3D 3.5 version.

~jr

Curt Coggns January 2nd, 2006 03:56 PM

Graffiti looks fine. I am using the Vegas 6.0c demo until my hard copy arrives with Grafitti, Ultimate S, etc. Thanks for the link to the Graffiti tutorial. Just what I'm looking for.
Curt

Yi Fong Yu February 27th, 2006 10:04 PM

well, if cost is a factor for cinema4d, try blender3d.org. it's FREE regardless of overkill =).

but isn't it true to keep most titles white text/black background to make it "professonal" like those films?