Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 102 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 15th, 2003, 03:39 AM   #1516
Regular Crew

Help! I'm Dropping frames!

Tonight I tried to capture some video with Vegas, exact same set up as I have successfully used for the last 10 months. When I tried it was dropping almost as many frames as capturing. I've checked the obvious (firwire connections) did a reboot and still can't capture. The only thing I have changed since my last capture was added an external maxtor 200GB drive. I unplugged that, but it didn't matter. Also I am still capturing to my internal hard drive so it doesn't seem like the maxtor could be the problem. Any ideas, I am a computer idiot?

I use a 1.8GHz, p4, 1GBRAM with XP.
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:10 AM   #1517
Regular Crew

Peaks? Normalize?

I'm looking at the Vegas 4 demo and reading the manual, but having a hard time understanding the function of the peaks and normalize features/functions.

One problem I've had with the entry level SW (Studio8) I've been using is that on long projects having native sound, then voiceovers and CD tracks added, the overall sound level becomes inconsistent. Can I easily solve this problem in Vegas? The two minute clip limitation in the demo makes it hard to evaluate this function....

Thanks
"Before they are gone forever..."
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #1518
Regular Crew

Dan,
Sounds like it's worth checking the fragmentation level on the the hard drive. Also, What happens if you capture to the new Maxtor?
"Before they are gone forever..."
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #1519
Trustee

Vegas Video discussions from 2004

I'm just getting into vegas. I bought it a month and half ago but started into it this week. I think i'm getting a handle on it but wading through that manual sure sucks.

I noticed there were tutorials online but they disappeared after sony took over. I'm afraid of getting into a project only to discover that i've gone in the wrong direction. I'm sure once i get my feet wet i'll be OK.
Old November 15th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #1520
Regular Crew

Thanks. I am defragmenting now, hopefully that will solve the problem.
Old November 15th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #1521
Tourist

Can Vegas 4 capture the HD10's MPEG2 video.

In Vegas 4, I have been able to view .m2t video files I downloaded online. I was wondering how to capture the HD10 MPEG2 video into Vegas 4. Is it possible and how would it be done. I would like to capture and view the 1280x720 HD video in Vegas from the HD10.

Thanks,

Doug
Old November 15th, 2003, 06:19 PM   #1522
Regular Crew

After 5 hours of defraging still can't capture. Looking into reformatting my hard drive or buying a new computer now I guess.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #1523
Major Player

reversing clip

Hello,
Is there a way in Vegas to reverse a clip. for exampe you have a clip of a car driving in reverse, and you wish to make the car look like it is driving forward..
Thanks,
Mike M.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #1524
Sponsor: JET DV

Insert a velocity envelope. Change the "speed" to a negative number. -100% = full speed reverse.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #1525

Check the DMA setting. Sounds like it may have gotten turned off some way.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #1526

Take a look at the "Beginner's Corner" articles in the Vegas Tips, Tricks and Scripts Newsletter at http://www.jetdv.com/tts
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:49 PM   #1527

Any individual clip may be normalized but that won't guarantee each of them are at the same volume level.

The volume may be fully controlled by using the Volume Envelope, Track volume, and master volumes. If you want, you can also create busses which also have volume controls. So, yes you can make the volume consistent by using a combination of tool.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:51 PM   #1528

Sounds like when you FIRST loaded the file, you cancelled the peak file build. You found the solution - just rebuild them. Pressing F5 will also do this.
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #1529

Videoguys was kind enough to host the newsletter for me. I was getting so many hits that I nearly exceeded my bandwidth and had to find an alternative. So I appreciated Videoguys being willing to host the PDF files.
Old November 16th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #1530
Regular Crew

Edward, thank you for your input. But I don't know what a DMA setting is. Is that in Vegas or XP?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...