Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 108 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 27th, 2003, 02:36 AM   #1606
Regular Crew

Two clip together?

The last but one videoclip and the last videoclip I will have together. (The last but one videoclip is a clip from nature and the last videoclip is a rolling text.)

How do I do that?
Old November 27th, 2003, 03:03 AM   #1607
Old Boot

Torsten, can you describe this in another way? I'm finding it a bit difficult to get my head around what you are asking. . . maybe just me . . have another go . . I'm listening.

Regards,

Grazie

ps - I wish I spoke your language - sorry :-(
Old November 27th, 2003, 07:22 AM   #1608
Sponsor: JET DV

Put the video on track TWO and the title on track ONE.

For the title, use one of the checkerboard backgrounds and the video will show through with the title above it.
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #1609
Regular Crew

Good, one thing left....

Edward: "For the title, use one of the checkerboard backgrounds and the video will show through with the title above it."

Well I did what you say but use "Text" instead of "checkerboard" (because checkerboard didn't work).

And now I have the text om my last videoclip. Good! One thing is left: How do I get the text rolling?

(And Graham, yes I know that my English is awful, I am sorry.)
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #1610
Old Boot

Ah . . now all is . . well, Transparent!!

OKay, now I understand . .Ed, thanks for picking up with baton and running with this one.

Torsten, when Ed says "Chequer Board", he doesn't mean the "solid" background CB - I know, it's sounds contradictory . . but the CB in the Generated Media is like . . well, an opaque design. The OTHER CB is that which shows tranparent. Chequers on the Text media shows transparent, and THIER chequers just infomr the editor that the background IS transparent. CB on the solid media WILL be opaque. I would think this is why you aren't getting any success at th moment - yeah?

. . not to worry, you'll get there ;-) . . .this confused when I was starting in VideoFactory.

BEst regards,

Grazie
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #1611

To get it to scroll, use the "credit roll" preset.

OR, you can use the "positioning" tab on the text media and use two keyframes: The first keyframe with it off the bottom and the second keyframe with it off the top.
Old November 27th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #1612
Regular Crew

Thanks

Thanks Edward, I used the credit roll and it was fine!

(I haven't yet learned to use "key frames", but I will soon reed of it to try to understand it.)
Old November 28th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #1613
Regular Crew

Thanks Peter.
Old November 28th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #1614
Regular Crew

amazing

I just discovered an amazing effect.

Video FX - Sharpen - Heavy.

When I inserted that to a videoclip I was stunned. I was before thinking that my Canon XM2 were given very sharp video, but this effect really shaken me. I didn't thought a videoprogram could sharpen videoclip so brilliant.

How could a program do such a marvelous thing?

And is it a good idea to have that effect to all the film? (I have a nature film.)

I have not yet seen how this effect looks in TV, only in Video Preview, and that is amazing.

When do you use that effect?
Old November 28th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #1615

I would definitely check it on an external monitor. Often things look different on the preview window than on a standard TV.
Old November 28th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #1616
Slash Rules!

Two queries: fonts and audio

Okay, first:

I had an audio clip to which I wanted to add reverb, or an echo effect. For some reason, absolutely did nothing, no matter which settings I tried. I used the "apply non-realtime effects" option to a single audio clip. After the new clip was created ("blah blah blah Take 2" or whatever it was called), still no difference. Is there some trick to getting delay/reverb/echo effects working?

Next:

A lot of the time, when I try different fonts for titling, in the preview window in Vegas, they'll look exactly the same, even if it' supposed to be a Cursive type font. However, in the window (dialogue box?) where you select the fonts themselves, size, etc., it'll look correct. Why is this? I recently lost a hard drive for no apparent reason, and with it went microsoft word. Do I not have these fonts anymore, even though they're selectable in Vegas?
Old November 28th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #1617

I think I'd try reinstalling Vegas. I haven't had a problem in either of these areas.
Old November 28th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #1618

Captuing fro Sony TRV-8

I bought a TRV-8 at a pawn shop to use as a deck (to save wear and tear on my XL-1s). But when I try to capture in Vegas from it, Vegas doesn't see the device. What am I doing wrong? It sees my XL-1s just fine.

Danka.

Old November 28th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #1619
Slash Rules!

Ah. . man. . .you're killin' me.
Old November 29th, 2003, 12:01 AM   #1620
Inner Circle

Those filters do the opposite of blur. It doesn't do the exact reverse of what your camera is doing but should do a pretty good job of making footage a lot sharper. If you do it too much your edges will look weird. They'll have something like halos around them.

Make sure you check it on a TV. Your TV has a setting for sharpness, which kinda does the same thing as the sharpness filter. Feed it a perfect image from another source (i.e. digital picture) to adjust the sharpness setting on the TV.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...