DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/6105-vegas-video-discussions-2003-a.html)

Edward Troxel February 20th, 2003 10:53 PM

Right-click the event on which you applied the velocity envelope and choose properties. On the page that pops up, make sure you turn on Resample (Vegas 3 only because Vegas 4 does so automatically with the "smart resample") and turn on "Reduce Interlace Flicker".

These two settings alone should greatly enhance your output.

Dan Measel February 21st, 2003 08:56 AM

Thanks a lot. That did it! It looks great now.

Andrew Petrie February 24th, 2003 12:35 PM

V4 book

Does anyone think a 3rd party manual for Vegas 4 will become available? I'd like to purchase an downloadable upgrade for Vegas, but I think printing the manual would certainly kill my printer :)

I ask because if I order from the states, I have to wait a couple of weeks, and deal with UPS brokerage B.S. I might as well buy a book and save some cash in the long run.

David Mintzer February 24th, 2003 03:40 PM

Douglas Spotted Eagle---one of the most knowledgable guys on VEGAS out there has just completed his book and submitted it to the publisher----CMP---It should be a virtual Bible of all things Vegas so I would wait for that to come out---I believe it will be avalible sometime in the Spring.

Edward Troxel February 24th, 2003 09:50 PM

It doesn't matter if you order the download version or the boxed version - you STILL have to print the manual because it is NOT included in the box. It WILL be available as a separate order from eNovels. Printed double-sided, it's only about 150 pages.

DSE's book should be great. I'm looking forward to it being released in the next couple of months.

Andrew Petrie February 25th, 2003 10:40 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel : It doesn't matter if you order the download version or the boxed version - you STILL have to print the manual because it is NOT included in the box. It WILL be available as a separate order from eNovels. Printed double-sided, it's only about 150 pages.

DSE's book should be great. I'm looking forward to it being released in the next couple of months. -->>>

Yeesh, that is sad. You'd think spending hundreds of dollars, they'd print a manual for you! I'd prefer the DSE anyways, I'm sure it touches on technique and functionality much better than the eNovels print.

Bill Ravens February 25th, 2003 10:51 AM

It's unbeleivable to me that someone would complain about not getting a written manual with the software when V4 is parctically given away for free. When was the last time you looked at the price of an NLE that competes with V4...like FCP?

Edward Troxel February 25th, 2003 11:32 AM

Plus, it didn't take THAT long to print it. And you'll probably use the help file more than the manual anyway. Plus it is always available as a PDF if you need to quickly read any sections. I have no problem with the manual not being included (just like the manual you NEED is not included in ANY software you buy today - what came with your Operating System???)

I've heard the eNovels manual is all black and white. If that's the case, you are better off printing it anyway.

Guest February 25th, 2003 09:22 PM

Vegas rendering glitch

Sometimes when I try to render to an mpg1 file the process will stop and I'll get a window that says: An error ocurred while creating the media file ----.mpg. The reason for the file error could not be determined."

Of course, it only happens about 3/4 of the way through after I've already waited half an hour on a 15-minute project.

The last time it happened I went to the frame where it happened and took out that event. Then it rendered okay. I guess it must have been a bugged capture, or something. But it happened again on a different project tonight, and I'd rather not have to take that event out.

Nothing's running in the background. I have the preview turned off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Josh Bass February 26th, 2003 04:43 AM

dropped audio only on VV3 capture

While capturing from my camera recently, I experienced dropped audio only, meaning the video accompanying that audio was fine. This was not on the tape, and when I tried to capture the same clip again, I could never get the whole clip to have perfect audio--there would always be dropouts somewhere. The drops are very quick; you can hardly tell they're there, but they definitely are. On the waveform, the line is completely flat in those areas. I tried spooling the tape (fast forwarding all the way, then rewinding all the way) and then capturing it again with the same results. It was a Panasonic Linear Plus tape. I've only been putting Panasonics in my cam since last October. I haven't had this happen for a long long time. Any ideas?

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2003 10:04 AM

Diskspace. How much freespace do you have? Enough on your
OS and temp drive, what about the drive you are outputting to?

What version of Vegas are you using?

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2003 10:24 AM

Do you have DMA enabled on your harddisks? (Are you really sure?)

Other than that it does not make a lot of sense. VV3 correctly
set up and so forth?

Guest February 26th, 2003 11:51 AM

glitch

Plenty of space. I've actually rendered larger files w/o trouble.

V V 4

Keith Luken February 26th, 2003 12:27 PM

What kind of camera, what kind of 1394 card?
I have had mostly issues exporting back to tape with Veags and foudn the issues is generally related to any footage I captured in Pinnacle software, somhow Vegas drops the audio intermittently, but your problme is the reverse.

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2003 12:46 PM

It probably is just a plain old bug then. Have you tried looking
around the VV forums over at http://www.sonicfoundry.com/?

Perhaps you should mail there tech-support?