Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2003, 06:52 AM   #811
Regular Crew

Jet- I really want this script tool, but I utterly REFUSE to use PayPal. Can I send you a Money Order instead?
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:34 AM   #812
Wrangler

My concern is with tip #10. It states that 3rd party burning software can cause burn failure, "Veritas being a common culprit".
My problem is I have the Sony DRU-500 burner and that's the burning software it uses. Sure I could uninstall like they say to do but then I can't burn data DVDs and or duplicate DVDs. UGH!
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:52 AM   #813
Air China Pilot

VV3: Capturing as single clip

At work I am forced to work with reduced resources which has gotten me into a bind.

I have a 60 minute tape to capture and barely enough HD space to accomodate it. I can capture the 60 minutes but I don't have the space to stitch the separate Clips together into a single one.

First Q: Why does VV3 capture in multiple clips?

Followup: Can I get VV to capture in one continuous clip?
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:56 AM   #814
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas will split based on the stopping and starting of the tape IF you have that option turned on. Go into the capture program, Options - Preferences, and turn OFF Enable Scene Detection. With that off, you will get ONE clip instead of multiple clips.

Alternately, you could use the advanced capture tab and specify the beginning and ending capture points. This will also give you ONE file.
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:00 AM   #815
Major Player

Ed. I have a similar question. For some reason, when I capture from my VX2k's, the continuous video from the cam is being broken up in vegas. It hasn't always done this, and I'm looking into all of my settings trying to figure out if I've changed anything, but, no luck yet.
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:02 AM   #816
Major Player

Excalibur/Tsunami/shuttlepro

Thanks for Excalibur and Tsunami, awesome tools. If I buy a ShuttlePro device, will I be able to program a couple of the buttons to launch those applications?
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM   #817
Inner Circle

now THERES a thought....
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:28 AM   #818
Air China Pilot

Thanks, Edward. I'll start the long process again.
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:30 AM   #819
Inner Circle

thats why you should use Nero or Prassi

2 of the best applications on themarket...

and GearDVD for DVDAudio....

one thing they DIDN'T mention was that Architect despises the use of HDD accessable apps while its prepping and burning...

remember to do NOTHING while it preps and make sure all Windows Explorer is closed....

i wish they'd fixed some more bugs, they've been saying they're gonna fix it but ....

one idea that i hate doing but i have no choice, is to burn to DVD-RW test it on a PS2 (perfect rw playback) then duplicate to DVD-r
Old August 21st, 2003, 12:15 PM   #820

Launch the applications: YES
Pick a certain tool: NO

All you would need to do to launch the application would be to assign the script to one of the presets (CTRL-SHIFT 0-9) and the set the button to do a SHIFT 0-9.
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:42 PM   #821
Regular Crew

Monitor with Realtime track Effects

I am recording vocals and wanted to try input monitoring, but it was giving a robotic effect when turned on. I was basically trying to add a little reverb to the vocal track itself while recording realtime. I reset the default audio track properties and now I don't have an option for input monitoring, just stereo, left or right.

How can I get this back? I want to add some reverb while it is being recorded not after the track is already layed out so that the person singing can hear some more life added to their vocals while they are singing with the headphones on.

soundcard is an audigy and not using ASIO is this matters.
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:57 PM   #822
Major Player

If you make it any quicker and easier for us. . . our editing will be done before the tripods get folded up.
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:41 PM   #823
Inner Circle

Tor, good advice on the compressor. I'd like to add that normalize doesn't always work. If there is a single instance of
overload in your track, any normalization software will judge the signal to be normalized. The normalizer is a two pass process: first, it scans for the highest absolute value of the signal. Second, it rescales the signal by Max Value Possible/Max Value Found.
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:33 PM   #824
Wrangler

I have Nero 5, it came with my Lite-on cd burner...when I load Nero it doesn't recognize my DVD burner. It comes up with a screen asking me to choose my recorder...and the only thing listed is "Image Recorder"...which I think is there by default.
Is there a specific version of Nero that does DVD data burning? Why doesn't it recognize my DVD burner?
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:55 PM   #825

The most current version of Nero burns DVDs.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...