Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #1186
Sponsor: JET DV

Place markers wherever you want chapter points and choose File - Render As - MPEG2 format and pick the DVDA preset. Make sure the "save markers" checkbox is checked. You will then need to press "Custom" and change the bitrate so it is appropriate for the length of your video.

After the MPEG2 file is created, go back and chose Render As again and this time choose AC-3 to render the audio. Give this file the exact same name as the MPEG2 file (except the extension will be ac3)

Now, Open DVD Architect and add this MPEG2 file to the menu. The audio should be automatically chosen as well and the markers will be converted to chapter points.

For more details, read the newsletters at http://www.jetdv.com/tts.
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #1187
Trustee

I use the Audigy2 Platinum and it works great for surorund editing. You could even it with studio monitors if you needed a perfect sound. It's a little tricky to set up (you have to use ASIO) but once it's done it works very well. I haven't found any major bugs either.
Old September 28th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #1188
Major Player

"I use the Audigy2 Platinum and it works great for surorund editing. You could even it with studio monitors if you needed a perfect sound. It's a little tricky to set up (you have to use ASIO) but once it's done it works very well."

Can you explain what you mean about having to use ASIO?

I am researching in anticipation of buying a new computer, and I am looking at the Audigy 2 soundcard. I am a Vegas user.
Old September 29th, 2003, 05:57 AM   #1189
Trustee

It'll be clear when you see the options and everything is set up. It's just a different type of driver interface (like DirectSound). I don't really know the practical consequences of using it, but it's the driver mechanism you must use to get Vegas to work with a 5.1 card.
Old September 29th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #1190
Regular Crew

When you say tricky to set up what do you mean? I'm kind of a computer idiot and "tricky" worries me. Is it any tougher than changing a video card or putting in a dvd drive (things I've successfully done). Also does it come with instructions or is the tricky part making Vegas work with it?
Old September 29th, 2003, 12:05 PM   #1191

Sony Forum Down?

I haven't been able to see it for about 3 hours now. Anyone else?
Old September 29th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #1192
Regular Crew

I used HDTVtoMPEG2 ver 1.09 to demux the stream file as suggested however the resulting file is striped of the audio tracks. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike
Old September 29th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #1193
Rextilleon

M-Audio

Take a look at M-Audio Revolution---great card used by many top notch Vegas editors and you can get it for 90 bucks at Newegg.com---In my mind its a better board then Audigy for your purposes.
Old September 29th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #1194
Major Player

i keep getting some weird site called screenblast.com whenever i click my "favorites" link to the vegas forum. there's a sony logo on there. i have no idea what this means.
Old September 29th, 2003, 04:50 PM   #1195
Major Player

I get the same site, apologizing for an error.
Randy
Old September 29th, 2003, 05:44 PM   #1196
Major Player

i guess this is sony's way of saying:

OK, MOVE ASIDE, NOW LET ME HANDLE THINGS FROM NOW ONWARD.

:^O
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #1197
Wrangler

Adi, Screenblast is/was Sonic Foundry's entry level Non-linear Editor. Sony bought that, Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid.

Edward, the server is probably in transit. It's about this time when they said it would happen. It should make the move and be back up with all older posts intact.
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #1198

Well, a post on another site indicated it was a heat issue on a new server. Supposed to be fixed tonight. Another post where someone tried to order Sound Forge asked the person about the problems and was told the server was down. I expect it to be there tomorrow.
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #1199

Well.... It appears it just came back online!
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:52 PM   #1200
Major Player

your computer screen resolutions

Hello,

Ok Vegas users, what screen resoulution are you using on the computer you are running Vegas on?? 1024X768? Higher??

What is the optimal resoulution that vegas likes ??

Thanks
Mike m.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...