Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 90 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 13th, 2003, 08:38 AM   #1336
Sponsor: JET DV

The choices from Vegas are JPG and PNG. PNG is also a lossless format. I believe most scripts use PNG by default.

If you need some other format, download the frameserver from Satish (www.debugmode.com) and send it to Virtualdub (or some other program) that can output into the desired format.
Old October 13th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #1337

I have saved images from Vegas (automatically made 655x480) and then imported them onto a DVDA menu. It looked just fine and filled the entire screen.
Old October 13th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #1338
Regular Crew

I.e. Vegas does automatically compensate for pixel's aspect ratio to show the frame image correctly on PC monitor, right ? (even though it notes video size if 720x480 in preview window info)

Alex
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:23 AM   #1339
Regular Crew

Thinking again about what is happening, I recall transferring a frame from Vegas to PS7 notcing it has been improted with 655x480 resolution as you correctly stated.

However, then I made a switch to Ulead PhotoImpact as a graphic editor to import it into for simple video menu creation (just a bit easier to use of a simple operations like lines/boxes and similar shapes drawing required), and then it accepts the images as 720x480 ! Cannot explain it.

I'll check that issue today evening at home.

Regards, Alex
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #1340
Regular Crew

I'm hesitant to purchase something no one else is using. I'll keep an eye on the forum and wait until someone gives it a try and reports on it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old October 13th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #1341
Major Player

how to cheat nested comps?

I edited a short within two seperate projects and now don't want to print out the spreadsheet with the editing information nor do I want to render out the project and import it back into this other one. All I would like is another work around script/plug-in for Vegas that gives us the option for nested compositions.

Rob
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:07 PM   #1342

I would render each section separately and then build a "final" project with those two sections. However, since you apparently don't want to do that, I can think of a couple of options:

1) Open both projects and copy/paste EVERYTHING from one project to the other project. (Note: some changes may be required)

2) Frameserve one section to the other project using the plugin from Satish.
Old October 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #1343
Major Player

Glen:

You still have the DSE DVD set for sale?

Will
Old October 14th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #1344
Wrangler

Yes email me at xrandomsnapsx@yahoo.com (remove the x's)
Old October 14th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #1345
Wrangler

Tsunami advertised in new Sony catalog!

Just recieved the new "Sony" catalog in the mail this weekend. Noticed it actually included an advertisement for Edward's Tsunami. Congrats Edward- Sony has even given your product recognition!
Old October 14th, 2003, 09:19 AM   #1346
Major Player

Thanks Edward. The reason for not rendering out the whole project is due to my machines age and the fact that I don't want to deal with rendering until the very end when it is needed. I will check out the plug-in and try to copy/paste everything from the other project when I get off of work today.

Rob

PS- do you happen to have a website with the plug-in I cannot find one.
PPS- I found it I think www.debugmode.com under the pluginpac.
Old October 14th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #1347

Yes, you found the right place. Debugmode with the plug-n-pac.
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:10 AM   #1348
Regular Crew

3d views/multi cam?

would there be a way to create a 3d kind of rotational view of the same event from two cam angles? the closest thing i can think of is kind of similar to that effect they had in the first matrix movie where it kind of paused and rotated around the guy while he was jumping or what not. I have some video already shot from a football game where we had one cam up on the press deck and the other on the field and i wanted to transition with something nifty during a catch from the two angles...

possibly with vegas or would i need something like AE?

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:54 AM   #1349
Wrangler

Hi Trey,

The short answer to your query is that "bullet time" (made famous in The Matrix and GAP ads by Buf Compagnie) is a fairly sophisticated effect that requires photogrammetry techniques perfected by Paul Debevec at Berkeley circa 1997. You won't be able to accomplish this in a simple editing or compositing package.

RealViZ makes a package called ImageModeler which may aid you if you're serious about this--but this is a $750 package; it will take you possibly weeks to achieve the effect you're looking for; and you're likely to need photographs of your subject from more than just two angles. (There's also an outdated package from MetaCreations called Canoma that can perform many of the same functions for similar primitives. You can see an example of such a transition built in Canoma by clicking on the SF MOMA in the Quicktime at the bottom of this page by Greg Downing--you may have to zoom in. In either case you will have to model all the architecture. Other features, like players and the airborne ball, will be flattened down onto the field until you model each of them in their entirety as well.)

I hope it doesn't appear that I'm dissuading you! But if you start to think you're in for more trouble than it's worth, there's always the good old dissolve or 3D block spin or page turn or venetian blind or clock wipe or...

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 15th, 2003, 01:43 AM   #1350
Regular Crew

hmmm...well it sounds like this wont werk for my particular application...perhaps if it was setup in advance something like that could be done with my 10D, but alas; the video has already been captured.

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...