DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVD Architect & Menus... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/61126-dvd-architect-menus.html)

Declan Smith February 20th, 2006 02:34 PM

DVD Architect & Menus...

I have "authored" a DVD (and I say that in the loosest of terms as I haven't created many DVD's with DVD architect!) which all works fine on the computer. It consists of two clips placed on the top menu. Now when I play it on my "home" DVD system (connected to the TV), the menu loads and I can select the first clip and it plays. If I hit the menu/list button on the DVD control the DVD player returns a disk error. Also, it doesn't play the second clip from the menu, I have to play the first clip and click the next track button.

If I create an "identical" DVD in say Ulead MovieFactory, all the menu controls work as I would expect.

Is there a specific set of actions / links / commands that have to be followed in DVD architect ? This is really bugging me.

Edward Troxel February 20th, 2006 02:41 PM

Lots of variables here. Let's start with:
What version of DVDA? What type of media? What type of DVD player? Tried it on multiple players? Does it work correctly when played in the computer?

I've never had a problem with being able to navigate to any menu item in my DVD player. By default, that should simply "work". Likewise with the navigation issues. Some players have issues with burned media. Some media is better than others. So... it's really hard to narrow down where your particular issue might be.

Declan Smith February 20th, 2006 02:50 PM

I am using DVDA Ver 3.0(c), DVD-R media, and the player is an LG harddisk / DVD recorder about a year old. This player seems to play almost anything. I have a sony surround sound system but that just does not like home burned DVD's and jitters, so I don't use that for anything apart from surround sound.

It works fine in computers, just that player has an issue with the menu. I do have another DVD player kicking around, so I'll give it a go on that, but the strange thing is that the Ulead created disk works. Done a couple of disks and the same thing happens. I rendered out from Vegas as separate MPEG & WAV. Also, when the audio kicks in, it seems to have sliced off the first few milliseconds. It's all in sync, but just when the music kicks in. Plays fine in Vegas and when rendered to DV tape, again only when on DVD. Odd really!

Declan Smith March 22nd, 2006 05:19 AM

please help......anyone

Ok, the DVD player I am having trouble with is the LG RH4820. I have a DVD with two titles, each title with a single chapter. When I select the first title to play, it plays, but hitting the menu button results in disc error. If I select the second title from the DVD menu, it results in disc error.

If I play the first title and click next chapter button on the DVD remote, it will play the second title. If I then hit the menu button (whilst playing the second title) the menu appears. I added a third title and this behaves the same way as the second title (i.e. it won't play from the menu, but when you use chapter select button when either the first or second title is playing, the menu button returns to the menu).

This is strange, and all I can think is that there must be a setting wrong in my DVDA setup that is confusing the hell out the LG player. The DVD works fine in a computer drive or a portable DVD player that I have.

Now here's the kick. I created the same DVD using Ulead MovieFactory disc creator, and it works exactly as expected, which is why I don't think it's the DVD player, and that there is something odd in DVDA or some setting/setup that I am getting wrong.

I really would appreciate some help on this as it's starting to drive me to drink!!

Phil Hamilton March 22nd, 2006 11:19 AM

Seems odd to me as well. Here's what I would do - I would create an ISO file with DVDA. Then with Ulead, burn the ISO file to DVD to see if the problem follows. If it does then you for sure have narrowed it down to something in DVDA that the LG does not like. Do you have a Playstation 2? IF so try playing the DVD in that. Also, from experience I have found the DVD-R discs to be the most forgiving. You might try another type DVD+RW.

Have you looked on the message boards at the DVD Architect forum at Sony?

Declan Smith March 22nd, 2006 02:07 PM

It does the same if burned using nero :(

I don't have a playstation either (that's a double :( )

Phil Hamilton March 22nd, 2006 04:31 PM

Well that tells me it is likely Architect. I would search the forums at Sony or go to dvdhelp.com to see if any incompatibility issues exist for the LG player.

Joel Bradley March 25th, 2006 10:22 AM

does anyone know how to make it so that there isnt a 3 sec pause in between clips, and how to make it so you can hit next to go straight to the next clip on DVD architect.

Thats my only problem with DVD architect,
I authored my short film on dvd last night with it,
and it plays awesome, and I played it on a playstation2.
first dvd i made that worked with ps2, except for some dvds i made
with a roxio dvd builder program

Edward Troxel March 25th, 2006 12:00 PM

Give DVDA a SINGLE file instead of multiple files. When using multiple files, different DVD players will give differing amounts of pause between clips.

Jason Robinson April 3rd, 2006 11:37 PM

Playlists

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Bradley
does anyone know how to make it so that there isnt a 3 sec pause in between clips, and how to make it so you can hit next to go straight to the next clip on DVD architect.

Thats my only problem with DVD architect,
I authored my short film on dvd last night with it,
and it plays awesome, and I played it on a playstation2.
first dvd i made that worked with ps2, except for some dvds i made
with a roxio dvd builder program

Did you link the multiple files using a playlist? I created on of my projects using a playlist and there is no pause between items in the list (all of which were rendered at different times).

jason

Joel Bradley April 7th, 2006 05:22 PM

hmm I made a them a playlist, and they were all rendered as seperate files. do you have to make them linked somehow when you make them a play list?

Cesare Pirotta December 4th, 2006 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Declan Smith
Ok, the DVD player I am having trouble with is the LG RH4820. I have a DVD with two titles, each title with a single chapter. When I select the first title to play, it plays, but hitting the menu button results in disc error. If I select the second title from the DVD menu, it results in disc error.

If I play the first title and click next chapter button on the DVD remote, it will play the second title. If I then hit the menu button (whilst playing the second title) the menu appears. I added a third title and this behaves the same way as the second title (i.e. it won't play from the menu, but when you use chapter select button when either the first or second title is playing, the menu button returns to the menu).

This is strange, and all I can think is that there must be a setting wrong in my DVDA setup that is confusing the hell out the LG player. The DVD works fine in a computer drive or a portable DVD player that I have.

Now here's the kick. I created the same DVD using Ulead MovieFactory disc creator, and it works exactly as expected, which is why I don't think it's the DVD player, and that there is something odd in DVDA or some setting/setup that I am getting wrong.

I really would appreciate some help on this as it's starting to drive me to drink!!

Dear Declan,
I've got the SAME problem, and I was wondering how has you resolved it ???
Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Ciao, Cesare

Joel Bradley February 11th, 2007 06:16 PM

I know that this was a long time ago, but ever since I have still had the same problem. How exactly do I set DVDA to single file?

Or do you mean when editing on Vegas just add all the clips together so it saves it as 1 file? Because that seems like it would take a long time to render

Edward Troxel February 11th, 2007 08:24 PM

When editing in Vegas, render the entire project out as one single file.

Dave Stern February 11th, 2007 11:45 PM

Declan - is it related to this?:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...=DVDA+recorder