Switching to Vegas? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Zens
I feel real stupid about asking this, but what are scripts? Are they a programming language like C++/ ? It looks like there's a whole aftermarket out there selling these things.
Scripts can be written using VB or Javascript....
to understand more about them, http://vasst.com/resource.aspx?id=11...2-1b58c059dc6f has a fairly comprehensive article on the subject.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
I feel real stupid about asking this, but what are scripts? Are they a programming language like C++/ ? It looks like there's a whole aftermarket out there selling these things.
Scripting is a means of automating tasks in Vegas or even adding new features. Basically you write code that accesses the Vegas API to perform the desired task. There are many free scripts out there that you can open and explore how they work. There's also a lot of scripting resources scattered throughout the web. In particular, you may want to look at the various scripting articles in my newsletters starting with the one in Vol 3 #4.

Most scripts are written in JScript. VBScript can also be used. A very common language used now is C#.

Quote:
From what I'm hearing, on the "negative" side (which means that I'll need a workaround..) Vegas does not have 4-channel audio capture, (use scenealyzer) multi cam support (I buy something to make that so?) and titling could be better.
The "work arounds" work very well and, fortunately, are very inexpensive. Even though they're "add ons", the multi-cam options are more flexible and easier to use than any I've seen integrated in other NLEs.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #18
Regular Crew

OK I'm in...

Thanks guys, I bought Veg 6 + DVD today. Just looking at the interface and futzing around with it, I can see it'll work fine, and big picture will be pretty happy with it.
Got it from the Video Guys, realistically the closing deal were DSE's tutorials they have on special as part of the package. Thanks to you all, wish me luck, but I'm confident I'll pick it up no problemo.

So, I guess I'm into studying this forum now...

Bill
Bill Zens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #19

Welcome to Vegas, Bill. The scary part is....what happens to you in Vegas....stays in Vegas. :-)
Seriously, you'll love your Vegas experience.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...