DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Time Counter Increments in Vegas 5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/62495-time-counter-increments-vegas-5-a.html)

Ruben Pla March 9th, 2006 06:36 PM

Time Counter Increments in Vegas 5

Hi there,

Can someone tell me how to adjust the Time Counter increments in Vegas 5? I've got the counter set to "Time" and the cursor will go from .919 to .960 to .002 to .044. Is there a way to get the cursor to go in smaller amounts?

Thank you,

Ruben

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 9th, 2006 07:00 PM

Smaller increments than 1/100 of a second?
Maybe you're looking to view frames?
Either way, right click the time counter, and in the menu that opens, you'll see several T/C display options.

Ruben Pla March 9th, 2006 11:23 PM

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your response.

I know that you can change the mode of the Time Ruler (I had already changed it from the default "Time & Frames" to just "Time", but I'm trying to find out if one can change the increments that the cursor travels in the timeline. I'd like to be able to move it at 1/100's of a second but, as I mentioned in my earlier email, the cursor moves around 4/100's of a second at a time.

Is there a way to make it move just one 1/100th of a second at a time?

Thank you,

Ruben

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 9th, 2006 11:42 PM

zoom in deeply

Ruben Pla March 9th, 2006 11:49 PM

I tried zooming in on the Timeline using the "+" key, but the cursor still move 4/100's of a second in the Time Ruler. Is that what you meant?

Ruben Pla March 10th, 2006 12:09 AM

I was just told that the mouse roller does the trick.

Thank you.

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 10th, 2006 08:13 AM

mouse roller, arrows, clicking the magnifying glass all can be used to zoom deeply, yes. That is what I meant, but that doesn't make the cursor move more or less fast, what it does is zoom more deeply into time.
I've got to admit curiosity. What are you editing at sample level? Also, be sure that whatever you're editing at that level, you need to have Quantize to Frames turned off.

Ruben Pla March 13th, 2006 10:58 AM

It's a feature film. The composer is sending me music to plug in, but his counter goes into the thousanths of a second, and at single digit increments, so I wanted to try and match up his music to my video to the exact times.

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 13th, 2006 11:08 AM

Well.....having scored or participated in several dozen feature films...I've never heard of anyone attempting to lock at thousandths of a second. Generally, this is done to frames. (1/30 of a second)

Jeff Mack March 13th, 2006 06:20 PM

timeline increments

Try zooming AND disable snapping. If snap to is off, you should be able to match waveforms exactly.

Jeff

Patrick King March 13th, 2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
...I've never heard of anyone attempting to lock at thousandths of a second.

I don't think I watch a film closely enough to qualify for this one. I can barely keep up with the switch from 24p to 60i. I'll have to drink a strong cup of Joe before this show.

Daniel J. Wojcik March 14th, 2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruben Pla
I'd like to be able to move it at 1/100's of a second but, as I mentioned in my earlier email, the cursor moves around 4/100's of a second at a time.

Is there a way to make it move just one 1/100th of a second at a time?

This is 24P, isn't it. That 4/100ths of a second is one frame. (well, 0.0417...)

Maybe you could zoom in to less than that, but you'll still be on the same frame.