DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   How to fit rendered movie onto dvd in architech (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/71673-how-fit-rendered-movie-onto-dvd-architech.html)

Dean Orewiler July 17th, 2006 04:21 PM

How to fit rendered movie onto dvd in architech

I just rendered a video project. I imported to the architech DVD stage. I was preparing it and it told me that the information I have was too big for the disc. It said I had 6.6 gig of info. I'm trying to find out how I can get this onto a 4.7 gig dvd.

I went to "optimize" but it's confusing to me...I attempted to click on the project to optimize, but I'm still getting an error message. What steps do I need to do to get it burned onto dvd.??

In the optimize box of vegas movie studio + DVD architech it says this information:

estimated size 6,528.0 MB (13% of 4.7 GB media)
and a slider that reads right now: default video bitrate (8.000)

What do I do ??
Thanks
Dean

Dean Orewiler July 17th, 2006 05:19 PM

This is strange. the only thing I have with a yellow explanation point next to it is an icon that looks like a square with 4 dots in it...that is only a 0.5 MB file (maybe a menu I designed on architech) and the other video file below it has a green check mark with my movie at 6,7527.5 MB...it says that is okay, but the yellow explanation is next to the dinky 0.5MB file (maybe the menu)...it's not the audio or the video but a square with 4 dots in it....

I'm not doing a thing (changing anything) until I hear from you pros out there.
Thanks
Dean

Dean Orewiler July 17th, 2006 09:11 PM

also, doesn't vegas movie maker automatically put the movie into mpeg format when I click on Make Movie and then render it?
I've never had any problems before until now, but this is the biggest project I have ever done...it's a pageant that is 1 hour 52 minutes long with titles, dissolves, fades, and one and two tracks of audio. I can't imagine that this program can't take this movie (even if it is 6.6 gigs of info) and put it onto a 4.7 dvd....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend who has premiere and he has no problems...I'm beginning to think that I'm at a dead end.

Dean Orewiler July 17th, 2006 09:16 PM

i also spent 8 hours in post in vegas movie maker designing this...and it looks great, but what is the use if I can't get it to burn onto a dvd? HELP !!

Chris Barcellos July 17th, 2006 10:57 PM

Dean:

I just looked at Architect, and what happens when I load a project that is going to come out bigger than 4.7 gig, it gives a message, with the optimize button. So I select optomize, when the screen comes up, I select the slider to slide it till it shows under 100 %, or you can press fit to disk. It appears that in "fit to disk" that the program automatically selects 95%, which helps avoid some of the outer edge of the disk that may cause play problems. Note: Any thing over an hour will result in a bit rate reduced by the program. However, my experience is that a two hour video still can look pretty good, despite the reduced bitrate.

Douglas Spotted Eagle July 17th, 2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Dean:
Any thing over an hour will result in a bit rate reduced by the program. However, my experience is that a two hour video still can look pretty good, despite the reduced bitrate.

Chris/Dean;
Architect will want to recompress/reencode anything over the max size. There is no time length. If you wanted to encode a DVD at 3mpbs, you could. Length isn't an issue on it's own. Bitrate isn't an issue on it's own up to 9.8, but add the two values together, and you could run into some trouble. This is where a bitrate calculator comes in handy if you're going to encode outside of Architect.
Normally, I recommend encoding outside of Architect, but if you're using Vegas Movie Studio vs the full version, you gain very little by not just rendering an avi and letting DVD Architect pick the bitrate for you.

Chris Barcellos July 17th, 2006 11:10 PM

DSE:

Okay, so the encoder in standard Vegas 6 is better than the Architect encoder. Is there a difference in the encoders for the full version of DVD Architect and the one that comes with Movie Maker ?

Dean Orewiler July 18th, 2006 02:06 AM

I just tried to render the same project under a new name, and it took 4 hours - and I rendered it to MPEG-2....and all I got was a rendered pic / no sound.

Can somebody give me a step by step instruction from the VF project - to rendering it, to architech and burning?

I just can't get this thing to work.

P.S. I do have my first project rendered in a folder with both audio and video files folder, but this is the one that is rendered too big - and has that menu file that is 0.5MB and has the explanation point next to it in yellow...the rest of the bigger video file (below it in optimize box) has a green arrow next to it and that is the big file 6,530 MB .

Thanks
Dean

Edward Troxel July 18th, 2006 07:37 AM

Dean, just render the entire project out to DV-AVI and then give THAT file to DVD Architect. DVD Architect will then compress to MPEG2 at a proper bitrate and all will be fine.

Dean Orewiler July 18th, 2006 07:51 AM

thanks guys, i'll give it a try....what a fiasco
Dean