Vegas 7 this month? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 11th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kepen
Question: In the past has Sony generally offered an upgrade for the current owners of Vegas? (Vegas 6 + DVD was my 1st version, purchased last winter.)
Yes they have. As I recall, for the first 30 days, it was $149 for Vegas only and $199 for Vegas+DVDA. After that it went to $199 & $249 respectively.
A look through the online Sony store at https://www.sonymediasoftware.com/sh...ory.asp?id=111 shows that you can upgrade to Vegas 6 + DVDA 3 from a wide range of software.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, an upgrade price is available for owners of previous versions right now. I would expect that to continue with any new versions. In fact, the upgrade price is usually even cheaper the first month or so after release.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #18
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

yes we will have upgrades available and we'll start booking pre-orders for them next week.

What i can tell you is it looks like there will just be the Vegas7+DVD version. Vegas 7 on it's own is not in the plans. So I also expect to have a killer offer for Vegas only custoemrs to upgrade to Vegas7+DVD.

I'll keep ya posted!

Gary
Old August 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bettan
What i can tell you is it looks like there will just be the Vegas7+DVD version. Vegas 7 on it's own is not in the plans.
I sincerely hope that's not the case or Sony will be swamped with complaints.
I know a lot of users (not me though) who have no interest in DVDA due to it's current lack of certain features.
Hopefully that'll change with version 7 :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #20
Major Player

That's reasonable to me. I never could understand why Sony would sell Vegas separately but DVDA had to be bundled. Eliminating the separate product makes perfect sense.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #21
Regular Crew

i hope they come out with 7!!
5 wass till the best yet. version 6 was not as impressive as version 5 for some reason. maybe its just me
Nate Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Any word on what the new features are going to be? Beyond AVCHD support
Sharyn
Sharyn Ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #23
Trustee

Bug fixes would be better than new features (for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharyn Ferrick
Any word on what the new features are going to be? Beyond AVCHD support
Sharyn
I have the usual list of pet annoyances about Vegas that I would love to see fixed, but as far as new features.... meh... I haven't edited an HD project yet (no customers need HD and I cannot deliver HD unless on hard disk so why bother). If Sony offers something, I would hope it would be fixes for the current list of problems and ill-though out functionality. Don't get me wrong, I find very little to not like about Vegas which is why I bought it instead of Liquid a year or so ago. But there are times when I shake my fist at the monitor and say "Why cannot I find how to do..... or Why did you do that?"

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #24
Major Player

One negative of Vegas (marketin?) was that there was no offer for buying the AC3 plug-in separately. The only option was to buy the full package with DVDA.
Some people preffer to render in Vegas and use other authoring app.
Now if the only option is full integration I hope Sony drops the price a bit ;)
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...