Vegas Exception Error 0x7c90eddc - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 24th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #31
Regular Crew

That's interesting. My error hasn't come back since I broke it down into 10min segments and got rid of extraneous media bins/files. Vegas seems to have some limit on the number of files you can have imported into it regardless of whether or not they're on the timeline.
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:34 PM   #32
Regular Crew

“The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x7c90 eddc.”

I got the same error in Vegas 6.0 a few days ago when I opened up my program the day after I had transferred a high number of clips. My project has about 6 hours of transferred XL-1S DV footage in media bins, even though I’d only edited about a half hour. Anyway, I got the error the one day I accidentally selected to search for a missing file that I had intentionally deleted earlier rather than ignore all missing files, which I usually did. This may have had something to do with it. The error prevented me from opening my program and forced me to close Vegas. This error has occurred multiple times after I have restarted, un-plugged, and turned off my computer. I tried suggestions from Sony’s online knowledgebase and all of them failed. I tried un-installing and re-installing the software multiple times, opening a back-up file, renaming the file, disabling media manager, etc. My computer has plenty of space, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I’m going to call Sony tomorrow. Hopefully, they won't be as worthless to me as they were in the past when I had problems with their software on an Alienware Aurora. By the way, that was the most worthless, money-wasting ineffective piece of trash excuse for an editing computer I ever got. It has also been the focus of the most intense, concentrated levels of hatred I have ever felt toward an object in my life. I recommend you stay away from their stuff or are at least cautious.

Anyway, if I learn anything useful, I’ll let you know. I’m glad I found this thread; I’ll keep it in mind and for reference when I talk to Sony.
Tristan Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Will,

Reading the thread you started sure did help me out. Thank you. I ended up pretty much solving my problem. What I did was save my project to a USB card. Then, I opened the project on another computer. None of my project files were on the computer so all I had were blank timeline markers and media labels. So, I deleted all the files in my project that weren’t on the timeline. Then, I opened up my project on my main editing computer (a Sony VGC-RC310G) and it opened up with no error. All my edited work was intact. Now all I have to do is re-import video files from my hard drive into Vegas that I want to use. I think you’re right. Vegas definitely seems to have a limit for heavy file loads. I ended up not calling Sony. I found out I’d probably have to pay for support anyway if I did call. But, I did send an e-mail to Sony with a link to this thread before I solved the problem. Maybe they’ll reconsider addressing this problem better, though I doubt it. Anyway, thanks again.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Thanks. I'm glad it helped. That's why I kept this thread going, because this problem was incredibly frustrating for me, and sadly, Sony seems incapable of helping or solving this issue. Good luck with your project.
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #35
Regular Crew

After I reimported a bunch of my media files into Vegas, I got the error message again. So, I removed all the files I wasn't working on at the moment and then Vegas worked fine again. It looks like I will have to shift media in and out of Vegas as I work in order to be able to finish my project. Less convenient, but at least I can work on it again. I also finally got a response from Sony, which I posted below. I didn't mess with this because I have already un-installed and re-installed the software several times. It basically looks like roughly the same sort of message Will got. I doubt doing this would help much.

"Thank you for contacting Sony Media Software Support. I suggest that you please do a clean reinstallation of the application following the instructions below.

Registry warning:

Note: it is always a good idea to backup your registry before making any changes to it. There is always the possibility of changing or deleting a critical setting causing you to have to reinstall the whole operating system. It's much better to be safe than sorry!
How To Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=322756

How To Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;322755

How To Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=322754

Uninstall warning:

Note: Uninstalling Sony Media Software will wipe out/delete all user settings and preferences that were initially saved/applied to the program.
To ensure that you get a proper installation of your software onto your system, we would ask that you un-install all of your Sony Media Software and older Sonic Foundry software. Do this from the Windows Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs Menu.

Note: Uninstalling Sony Media Software will wipe out/delete all user settings and preferences that were initially saved/applied to the program. If you need to backup audio presets that you had made then we would recommend using our Preset Manager utility, which you can find at http://ww.sonymediasoftware.com/down...p2.asp?DID=469. For information about backing up custom Video FX and transition presets please see the following article:

Title: How to recreate your custom presets on Video FX and transitions
URL: http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...ted=1020315600

Once un-installed, delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Vegas 6.0
C:\Program Files\Vegas 6.0 Setup
C:\Program Files\Sony (Do not delete this entire folder if you have other Sony applications installed such as Sonic Stage, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. If that is the case then only delete the folder for the Sony Media Software application you are using as well as the Shared Plug-Ins folder.)
C:\Program Files\Sony Setup

Once un-installed, click over to your Windows Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedt32).
WARNING: The Registry is a very sensitive area to work in. If you are not comfortable with advanced configuration and system changes, ask an administrator to help you with this.
Once in there, delete the following registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vegas 6.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Media Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Vegas 6.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Media Software

After removing all of the previous items, just download and re-install from the latest updated versions of software from this link - http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...p1.asp?CatID=2. These files will be the latest full installers for our software."
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Yeah, I'm sure that wouldn't help. That is just their token response. Reinstall. Oh, that didn't work? Update your drivers. Oh, no good? Uhm, it's your system. Buy a new computer. May I suggest a Sony.

That's a little harsh, but their tech support is pretty friggin worthless.
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #37
Regular Crew

The USB solution posted by Tristan Howard worked for me. I had slightly less than two hours of video on the timeline (probably about 5 hrs captured), the first hour of which was completely edited, so I decided to back that section up to tape. This worked, but the project would not open the next day. (When I selected ignore all missing files and clicked o.k., Vegas 7b crashed) I transferred the project file to another computer and hit the delete all unused media button and then put that version onto the USB drive and transferred it back to my editing computer, now it only had to load the material that was used and not the entire project. It opened the project with no problems and I have edited for two days without further problems.
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #38
Regular Crew

This is the closest I can find to the problem I've got. I started a new project with just a long MP3 file on the timeline (about 2.5 hrs) I used the split function to divide it into a number of clips. When I got to about 20 clips it suddenly stopped playing properly (play but no sound). I closed the project and tried to re-open but it now just says the plugin is not registered. Now every time I try to open a project that has any mp3 file in it I get this message. It offers me the option to register the plugin but when I click it I get an exception error and Vegas 6d just closes. I'm really not very comfortable playing around with the registry (don't even know how) so if there's a simple workaround I'd be grateful.
Thanks
David Tyler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...