DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Exception Error 0x7c90eddc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/74014-vegas-exception-error-0x7c90eddc.html)

Will Hanlon August 21st, 2006 02:18 PM

Vegas Exception Error 0x7c90eddc

I was editing a project on Vegas 6d and got two error boxes saying "An error occurred during the current operation. An exception has occurred. View details." I click on details and there are none. Then the program closes and another error box comes up, saying:
"The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x7c90eddc.
Click OK to terminate the program."

I've tried moving the project file to a different directory and renaming it, which seemed to work once. I searched on google for any info on this error but could only find one thread suggesting it was an old Vegas5 glitch that was never fixed. Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone know how to fix it? The problem just went away randomly for a while... and I saved the project multiple times under different names without errors, but then it came back, and all previous versions have the error. I have 3.25GB of RAM, WinXP with all the updates, P4 3.6 Ghz, I really don't think it's a problem with my system specs. Any ideas?

Will Hanlon August 22nd, 2006 11:48 PM

Please does anyone know anything about this error? I just formatted my computer, and I can't get rid of the problem. I've tried Sony tech support, but they haven't got back to me.

John Lorince August 23rd, 2006 11:32 AM

I had this a while back

At the time I was working in 5 I believe, so I upgraded to 6 or a newer 5 version. But from D I think we are at 7 right? I wish I could be more helpful in this case.

Will Hanlon August 23rd, 2006 01:56 PM

Just upgrading fixed the problem? Well, thanks for posting. I really hope 7 fixes the problem whenever it comes out. I'm editing a feature film and starting over isn't really an option.

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 06:12 AM

Will,

I've had errors in the past, one that I have well documented somewhere on this board. But the latest error I had was something, a process running in the background. I had another that was in the veg file itself, which Sony and I determined had something to do with the pathway of a specific part of the project through my computer's pagefile. I fixed that by rendering it, the same project, on a different computer.

I would say that if you are getting the same error at the same point of action, i.e. same time frame in the render, or same time during the edit, then it might be file specific.

If this error happens at random points, then it might be hardware related, or a background process.

Just my 2cents.

Will Hanlon August 24th, 2006 06:19 PM

Thanks Steven. Could I ask, what process caused the problem? Were you using XP? The error seems random... sometimes, the project will load a certain way, sometimes, not at all, before the error even went away a couple times. I just tried using Win2000 instead of XP, and the same error happens... 2000 did give me some details...

Sony Vegas 6.0
Version 6.0d (Build 210)
Exception 0xC0000005 (access violation) READ:0xC IP:0x572039
In Module 'vegas60.exe' at Address 0x400000 + 0x172039
Thread: GUI ID=0x1D8 Stack=0x12E000-0x130000
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=001b EIP=00572039 EFLGS=00010297
EBX=05cadb01 SS=0023 ESP=0012efd0 EBP=0012f280
ECX=1e0b26a8 DS=0023 ESI=00000000 FS=003b
EDX=0012efe4 ES=0023 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP
and the list of details go on, but I don't care to type anymore, and they're useless anyway.

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 06:44 PM

I wish I knew, I got so annoyed that I just started killing stuff, but If I had to guess, I think it would have either been my APC back up software, Itunes, or my Gigabyte Motherboard tuning software.

As for that one that kept crashing on render, which I could render on another machine, I still think that that was a page file issue.

Either way, it's not my box itself, which is more than capable.

Edward Troxel August 25th, 2006 07:55 AM

0xC0000005 is a different error than you mentioned in the first post. That is a "memory access" error. If you can get the project loaded, can you copy and paste to a NEW project (i.e. Vegas opened twice), do a Save-As, and then see if the new one works?

Quote:

and the list of details go on, but I don't care to type anymore, and they're useless anyway.
You don't have to type it at all - just copy/paste it! Were there any other dll's listed that were different that the first listing? Any third party effects used in the project?

Will Hanlon August 28th, 2006 02:45 AM

I would've copy/pasted all of the details, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me. I did finally "solve" the problem though... I unplugged my fourth hard drive... I shot HD and have four hard drives in my computer, three of which are being referenced in the project... apparently, it doesn't like the fourth one since unhooking it and not being able to find those files got rid of the error. I'm just wondering now if Vegas has some limit on the number of hard drives it can reference... which I may try unhooking the 3rd, leaving the 4th plugged in, and seeing if I still get errors (I bet I will). At least, I don't have to start from scratch... very few files in the project are from the fourth.

Oh, I forgot to say I did try copying and pasting from the problem project to a fresh one, but it wouldn't allow it... not enough memory or something. I do have huge HD files. I also tried breaking my large project into two smaller ones and still got the error.

Edward Troxel August 28th, 2006 07:48 AM

Were you editing the M2T files? If yes, people have reported problems after having so many m2t files on the timeline. Unfortunately the number seems to vary. The typical solution is to edit proxies instead.

Or... it could have possibly been a bad source file that was on that drive?

Will Hanlon September 2nd, 2006 02:35 PM

I'm editing Raylight avi files made from HVX200's MXF files. I'm going to try a different hard drive with the same files and see if I get the error.

What are proxies?

Will Hanlon September 19th, 2006 04:05 PM

I tried a different hard drive with the same files and still got the error. It appears I can only edit with files from two of my hard drives.

Can someone please explain proxies?

Will Hanlon October 10th, 2006 09:03 PM

Can someone explain proxies?

I tried Vegas 7a... I'm still getting this random error. Anyone know when Vegas will add support for mxf files or Raylight avi ones so the program won't error out? Does it have some limit on the number of hard drives it can access without messing up? I used to love Vegas, but this thing obviously has some major issues with HD files.

Edward Troxel October 11th, 2006 07:18 AM

Proxy: a person who represents another person.

or in this case: a clip that represents another clip

You would take your original clips and render them to something like DV-AVI. Then you do all your editing with the DV-AVI files. Once all editing is finished, you then replace the DV-AVI files with the ORIGINAL files and do the final render.

The DV-AVI files, in this case, is the proxy.

Will Hanlon October 11th, 2006 08:16 PM

How do you replace all the files without having to literally re-edit? Just name the proxy files the same as the original, keep them in separate areas, and then when you're done, switch them around?

Why would the file not error out when doing the final render? If the problem is the program dealing with all those HD files, how would it not be avoided in the end?

This sounds like a nightmare to go through and render every one of my HD files to a DV proxy... although it might be better than my current nightmare of random red error. I just don't understand this and why Sony makes no mention of this error on their website.