strange dropped frames in vegas driving me insane - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Defrag, try a different drive, turn all virus stuff off (if you can without risk) try a different camera to capture with, most of this is above. You should hit the issue, and it never hurts to hollar at Sony.

Regards
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:26 AM   #17
Inner Circle

The following is a disk speed test, available for free.

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_hdd.html (Scroll down to "Disk Bench" and click on Homepage)

Personally, I have not tested the above program, but it seems that it fits your needs.

Other performance analayzers are available here:

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_hdd.html

Last edited by Dan Keaton; August 31st, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:03 PM   #18
Major Player

My dropped frame problems so far have always been fixed by defragmenting. I have a 300 GB internal drive in an external case / adapter, connected USB2 (firewire doesn't work for some reason.) Mysteriously to me, according to the Windows XP defrag analyze bar graph, the hard drive filled in the middle first. Although I had 100GB on either side, it was still bogging down and trying to fill all the nooks and crannies in the middle before accessing the rest of the drive, dropping frames in the mean time. Defragging packed everything in the middle like it wanted, and the rest went smoothly. Defragging has become a regular past time now, with no more issues. It was driving me nuts during the experience though, concerned I needed to send the camera in for re-aligning. Whew!
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...