DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 7 officially announced (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/75011-vegas-7-officially-announced.html)

Dan Keaton September 11th, 2006 02:14 PM

Sony Media Software now has a page for Vegas 7.0 stating "Coming Soon":

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/vegas-cs.asp?

Sean Seah September 12th, 2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Bettan
based on our conversations with Sony we'll be launching Vegas 7+DVD @ $499.95

While supplies last we're selling off our Vegas 6 + DVD inventory at $399.95 after $50 mail in rebate. Plus you get a free upgrade to Vegas 7 and DVD arch 4.

http://www.videoguys.com/vegasvideo.html

We hope ot have upgrade pricing for exisiting Vegas 6 +DVD and VEgas 6 owners (as wella s owenrs of older versions) later today. We're alos trying to put together some cool upfgrade offers/ bundles.

Gary

Nice! Do u guys ship overseas?

Gary Bettan September 12th, 2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah

Yes we do.

And for existing users looking for a great upgrade deal:

Announcing new Sony Vegas+DVD software, featuring Vegas 7, DVD Architect 4 and Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software. Newly upgraded with an expanded feature set, it's the most powerful and comprehensive video, audio, and DVD production suite available. Take advantage of three promotions:
Through October 31, upgrade from any version of Vegas or the Vegas+DVD Production Suite to the new Vegas+DVD for only $149.95, a savings of $100.

Ready to step up to Vegas+DVD? Upgrade from Vegas Movie Studio or Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for only $299.95, a savings of $141.

https://www.sonymediasoftware.com/sh...&keycode=63001

Go get it boys & girls. This offer is only available from Sony.

Gary

Joe Bowey September 12th, 2006 05:56 PM

I have version 4 so if I upgraded to 7 would I get a full version or an updated version? Can I even go from 4 to 7 with an upgrade or would I need a full version?
Also, anyone putting version 7 on a laptop?

Jon McGuffin September 12th, 2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Bowey
I have version 4 so if I upgraded to 7 would I get a full version or an updated version? Can I even go from 4 to 7 with an upgrade or would I need a full version?
Also, anyone putting version 7 on a laptop?

This is a question I would like to know as well. I just recently bought Sony Vegas version 6.0 from B&H Photo for $99 (still available to all if you have interest) and plan to pay the $149.95 upgrade to Vegas+DVD. I want to be sure I'm not buying an "upgrade" version of the software and am getting the full deal.

Jon

Mike Kujbida September 12th, 2006 06:46 PM

Jon & Joe, you will be getting the full version if/when you upgrade to Vegas 7. Don't worry about the B&H deal as folks on other forums have reported no problems getting the upgrade with this package.
Lastly, the upgrade offer is good for (almost) any version of Vegas.
Losts of users run Vegas 6 on a laptop without issues so I don't see why Vegas 7 would be a problem.
The Sony site says:

Upgrade any professional version of Vegas (Vegas Pro, Vegas Audio, or Vegas Video, Vegas, or Vegas+DVD) to Vegas+DVD.
Pricing excludes Vegas LE

Edward Troxel September 12th, 2006 08:32 PM

There is ONE version. When you get the full version, update to the full version, or academic version of the full version, they are ALL the same with exactly the same features.

As for running Vegas 7 on a laptop, that's where *I* have it installed!

Seth Bloombaum September 12th, 2006 08:58 PM

How much for upgrade?

EDIT: Never mind, just found the link in Gary's post in this thread.

I was expecting a $149 upgrade price.

"My Account" at the sonymediasoftware site says $234.95 for the download version upgrade to "Vegas+DVD", which I assume is V7.

Have I missed another Vegas Upgrade email, or is this the price other registered users are getting?

Jay Hancock September 12th, 2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Bloombaum
I was expecting a $149 upgrade price.

"My Account" at the sonymediasoftware site says $234.95 for the download version upgrade to "Vegas+DVD", which I assume is V7.

Have I missed another Vegas Upgrade email, or is this the price other registered users are getting?

Click on "Buy Now" and it will take you to a new page with the discounted price (if you are eligible, presumably).

Jon McGuffin September 12th, 2006 10:12 PM

Thanks Jay for your comments on this and easing my concerns. I will be receiving my copy in two days and will order from Sony immediately. :)

Seth Bloombaum September 12th, 2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Hancock
Click on "Buy Now" and it will take you to a new page with the discounted price (if you are eligible, presumably).

EDIT: never mind - I just found the link in Gary Bettan's post above in this thread

Ian Stark September 13th, 2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah

I recommend you double check that the mail-in rebate is valid for non-US customers. I bought a 1Gb SD card (when this was the latest and greatest, a couple of years ago) from Best Buy while on a US trip. It was only something like a $20 rebate but they wouldn't hounour it with a non-US address.

Ian . . .

Bogdan Vaglarov September 13th, 2006 07:02 AM

This is really the best deal I ever had with software!
I also bought Vegas 6 from B&H Photo (actually I had it here for record short time) and checked the Sony media that on first look said upgrade is 235$.

Now with the info you guys provided one can upgrade for as little as 135$ (downloadable version) for a total price of 234$ (well I had shipping 27$).
Truly amazing!

Sean Seah September 13th, 2006 10:26 AM

Yeah I guess the mail in is not going to work for me :( oh well, will get my pal in the US to do it for me!

Joe Bowey September 13th, 2006 03:56 PM

Anyone ordering the box package or download? Also anyone ordering cinescore, I see there is a great deal on it and I also noted the $15 optional package.