DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   VASST Software updates for Vegas 7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/75559-vasst-software-updates-vegas-7-a.html)

John Rofrano September 15th, 2006 08:31 AM

VASST Software updates for Vegas 7

Just trying to get the word out. All of the VASST Software products have been updated to run in Vegas 7. Because of changes in Vegas 7, existing customers will need a new license key to use them. Even customers who don’t plan to use Vegas 7 should get new license keys because all of our products for Vegas 5, 6 & 7 now use the same licensing system. This means if you re-download the latest version of our products you will need a new key to use them even in Vegas 5 & 6.

All existing customers should have received an email with instructions on how to upgrade by now. The upgrade to the Vegas 7 versions are absolutely FREE. The procedure is also documented on our web site on this page: Update Plug-ins for Sony Vegas 7.0. We have tried to make this upgrade process as smooth as possible but if you have any difficulty you can contact us at our ultimatesupport email.

Also all of the VASST Freeware plug-ins have been updated to target Vegas 7. Same great tools... still FREE! ;-) Enjoy,

~jr

Shawn Redford September 17th, 2006 11:19 PM

Hey John - I own Ultimate S 2.0 and Gearshift, but didn't receive and e-mail from VASST. I went to the link below however and saw the notice about people abusing VASST's generosity. Would you post something once there is a way to work this out? Thanks, Shawn

John Rofrano September 18th, 2006 04:48 AM

Yea, we are sorry we had to shut things down for the moment but we figured out how to circumvent the abuse and we’ll be updating the web site today and hopefully will be back on-line by tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I will post here when it’s back up. Thanks,

~jr

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky September 18th, 2006 08:44 AM

John,

For those of us registered users who never received the notification e-mail, will this be resolved as well, or should we simply go back to the site once its back up?

Am I correct that the email contains specific information on how to upgrade our plugins?

Brian

John Rofrano September 18th, 2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Redford
Would you post something once there is a way to work this out? Thanks, Shawn

The site is back up and operational. Thanks for waiting for us to clear this up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Mitchell Warshawsky
For those of us registered users who never received the notification e-mail, will this be resolved as well, or should we simply go back to the site once its back up?

Here is how the VASST web site works. You have an account there that has an email address. You can log into your account at any time and list your complete order history including your license keys for all software products you have purchased from us. We generate our email list from this customer database so make sure that your email is current in your account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Mitchell Warshawsky
Am I correct that the email contains specific information on how to upgrade our plugins?

Yes, but the same information is available from the link: NEW Updates for VASST Software and Vegas 7 Users from the home page of our web site. It is basically the email in web page format. Follow the link and you will have everything you need to know. Contact ultimatesupport if you have any questions.

~jr

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky September 18th, 2006 11:03 AM

>>>>You can log into your account at any time and list your complete order history including your license keys for all software products you have purchased from us.>>>

Theoretically.

It looks like I need to contact Ultimate Support, as my e-mail address and account - which has not changed, is showing "No previous orders" despite having purchased both FM and Celluloid. I even retained the original VASST emails to my account, which confirmed the purchase and provided the keys.

It does show my DVD/Book orders, so it looks like there is a glitch in the software order records.

Brian

John Rofrano September 18th, 2006 11:22 AM

Brian, definitely contact us and we’ll straighten this out. There are a few customers that this doesn’t work for and we’re handling them on a one-by-one basis.

~jr

Shawn Redford September 18th, 2006 01:32 PM

Updates fine, but text wrap is a problem when over 96dpi

Hey John - I just did the update and that all worked fine. Plugged in the codes for Ultimate S 2.2.2 and Gearshift 1.6.4, and there were no problems.

However, the problem that I am now seeing is in the applications themselves. The text for buttons, menus and what-have-you is often wrapping within a button or other option making the screen unreadable.

FYI, I'm using a Dell e1705 Laptop with a native Screen Res of 1920x1200x32. Also, I have the screen set to 120% Normal Size which is 125 dpi. This is the reason for the wrapping, but on a screen like this (17" and 135 dpi), text is just too small at 100%/96dpi. Is there any chance of fixing this? Vegas and other apps work fine at 120% and even 140%, but the VASST products do not.

Thanks, Shawn

John Rofrano September 18th, 2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Redford
FYI, I'm using a Dell e1705 Laptop with a native Screen Res of 1920x1200x32. Also, I have the screen set to 120% Normal Size which is 125 dpi. This is the reason for the wrapping, but on a screen like this (17" and 135 dpi), text is just too small at 100%/96dpi. Is there any chance of fixing this? Vegas and other apps work fine at 120% and even 140%, but the VASST products do not.

You are correct about the problem and I’m sorry but this is a current limitation of our software. Because of the fixed graphical background it only works with 96DPI fonts.

~jr

Shawn Redford September 18th, 2006 03:29 PM

John, Would it be possible to cause the text to truncate rather than wrap? At least then it would be readable.

John Rofrano September 19th, 2006 06:52 AM

I can’t control the wrap. This is how windows controls things. I’ll see if I can sense the increase DPI and actually decrease the size of the fonts. Le’me look into it.

~jr