Stupid Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 25th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Stupid Question

Okay, I installed V6 about 6 months ago along with the included Boris Graffiti Ltd 3.0. I'm working on a project and would like to access Boris to check out what I hope are some more interesting fonts then the standard ones in Vegas and DVD Architect. How do you access it? It's a pluggin to Vegas, right? Where do I click for it? When I go to Windows - Start -all programs -under Sony is the Boris folder, but the only option in there is to uninstall Graffiti. Thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Unfortunately Boris is a standalone app. Therefore it doesn't show up in Vegas. On my computer, it's a separate listing in the Start - Programs listing.
It's been a while since I used it but, from memory, you have to render the finished file out and then import it into Vegas.
Johnny Rofrano has a Boris Graffiti LTD tutorial on his site at http://www.johnrofrano.com/tutorials/boris_graffiti.htm that may be of some help.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida
Unfortunately Boris is a standalone app. Therefore it doesn't show up in Vegas. On my computer, it's a separate listing in the Start - Programs listing.
It's been a while since I used it but, from memory, you have to render the finished file out and then import it into Vegas.
Johnny Rofrano has a Boris Graffiti LTD tutorial on his site at http://www.johnrofrano.com/tutorials/boris_graffiti.htm that may be of some help.
Thanks Mike. I don't know what happened to mine, guess I'll just re-install it. Also, thanks for the link to the John Rofrano site.
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kepen
to check out what I hope are some more interesting fonts then the standard ones in Vegas and DVD Architect.
Vegas uses whatever fonts are installed in WINDOWS. Download and install some "more interesting fonts" and Vegas will see them. Boris should use the exact same font set.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #5

Boris RED has a plugin for vegas that allows acces to RED even from within Vegas. Dunno 'bout Graffitti
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens
Boris RED has a plugin for vegas that allows acces to RED even from within Vegas. Dunno 'bout Graffitti
The "lite" version that comes with Vegas does not. The FULL version of Grafitti does.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Vegas uses whatever fonts are installed in WINDOWS. Download and install some "more interesting fonts" and Vegas will see them. Boris should use the exact same font set.

Thanks Ed, I kinda thought that. I'm sorry, I didn't really explain it very well. What I am looking for might be called "Font Effects," where they look 3D, like with raised edges/borders and drop shadow. In Vegas I can do the drop shadow and maybe a color border, but I don't know how to do the fancier effects. I use to use Pinnacle Studio and it had some very nice 3D looking fany fonts. Also it had Gold, Silver, metalic effects. If this can be done easily in Vegas that would be great because it would keep things nice and simple:) Have a Good Evening - PK
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #8
Inner Circle

For some things Photoshop is great but for overall titling especially what you described, look at BluffTitler. I use it when i need something I can't do in Vegas and/or Photoshop PLUS it won't break the bank. Sorry I don't have the web address handy but I'm sure someone will get it to you.
Bluff is a super piece of software.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Trustee

Fonts and titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
For some things Photoshop is great but for overall titling especially what you described, look at BluffTitler. I use it when i need something I can't do in Vegas and/or Photoshop PLUS it won't break the bank. Sorry I don't have the web address handy but I'm sure someone will get it to you.
Bluff is a super piece of software.

Don
That might be one of the areas where I am the most disappointed with Vegas. You can stretech, color, size, and change the font, apply masks, but not much else. For anything more professionally looking you have to go outside of Vegas.

I almost made some decent moving credit text, but it took FOREVER to keyframe the motion, etc. Just plain a pain in the butt.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Vegas has never been known for it's titling capabilites but there are so many good choices out and since Vegas does everything else I ask of it I've never really been too disappointed by the titling or lack of. :-)

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...