did you know Vegas7 has Scene Detection for HD. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Major Player

did you know Vegas7 has Scene Detection for HD.

For some reason I thought Vegas 7 did not have Scene Detection for HD like the Vegas 6. I have been working with CineForm support on the Scene Detection problem on the Connect HD software ( trial version) for the HL-H1 and after giving up on that I started downloading my HD footage through Vegas7 and SURPRISE !!!! Vegas 7 split all my clips and that is fantastic.
I have the solution in front of me and did not even know it !!! No need for any more software to do Scene Detection anymore Vegas 7 has it all.
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, scene detection for HD was one of the new features of Vegas 7:

Improved HDV support New!
Capture from a wide variety of HDV devices, with scene detection and timecode support for most HDV formats.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #3
Trustee

Hey I didnt know that too!! Somehow I was stick sticking to my HDVspilt>V6>Gearshift workflow.. thanks!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

HD scene detection in 7.0b - problems

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced similar problems - it seems that the HD scene detection still needs another bug release to work properly...

At least I have got problems when capturing HDV from a HC1 camcorder (PAL). At the very end of every scene there is an audio dropout (no sound) during the two or three last frames. Sometimes the end point is erroneus so that the last frame actually belongs to the next scene!

Anyone else, have you had similar problems???? This IS very systematic on my system. I would appreciated that also someone else tests this and reports the problem to Sony.

This problem prevent me from using this new feature, one of the few why I upgraded to 7 from 6. Frustrarting. When do we get 7.0c ???

Christian
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Sometimes the end point is erroneus so that the last frame actually belongs to the next scene!

I have this same problem, and it gets very annoying sometimes.

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I captured the other day and was surprised to that Scene Detection was there on the HDV capture from my hdr-hc1 Sony. Very Very handy and a good plus for version 7! Works like a champ!

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian de Godzinsky
At the very end of every scene there is an audio dropout (no sound) during the two or three last frames. Sometimes the end point is erroneus so that the last frame actually belongs to the next scene!
Moro Christian.

Have you tried to capture using HDVSplit? Does it have the same error? I remember reading somewhere that there is a problem with HC1/AE1, etc concerning how it handles voice and video at the very beginning (first frames) and very end (last frames) of scene. This may be related to that and not to Vegas VidCap.

BR,
MRe
Matti Remonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Regular Crew

HDV capture from HC1 - still a problem in Vegas 7.0c

Hi Matti,

DV-capture works well, it is only the HDV capture where the audio is missing from the very last frames at the end of every scene-detected clip. Can it really be the HC1 to blame?

I have not tested any other software neither the HDVSplit utility? Do you think it is worth the effort to download and try?

My HDR-HC1 just came very recently back from service, its firmware was updated due to the red rendering problem (it was fixed!!!).

One would assume that any other known problems would have been fixed at the same time. From where did you find that info that it might be the HC1's fault.

I still think that the problem is in Vegas.

Has someone else this problem with HDV capturing in Vegas 7.0 b or c, using and HDR-HC1E cam???

This starts to become annoying...

Best regards,

Christian
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #9
Major Player

Capture issues HC1 & Vegas

item removed-JH
James Harring is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...