DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can Vegas 6 or 7 render out 3gp? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/79939-can-vegas-6-7-render-out-3gp.html)

David Delaney November 18th, 2006 01:06 PM

Can Vegas 6 or 7 render out 3gp?

Just wondering if Vegas 6 or 7 can render out 3gp for cell phones...?

thanks

Bennis Hahn November 18th, 2006 01:22 PM

I am pretty sure that 7 can...

Jacob Eirckson November 18th, 2006 08:32 PM

well on my 7 list it doesnt have it but that doesnt mean that you cant find a way to do it.

David Delaney November 19th, 2006 09:45 AM

Ok, has anyone found a way without third party software?

Emre Safak November 19th, 2006 10:28 AM

Isn't 3GP just MP4 with AAC/LC? If so, it should be easy enough, though I have not tried it myself. I found lots of hits on Google for converters, the most common of which appears to be Quicktime. If you are good with command-line tools, there is the free MP4box... Best of luck!

DJ Kinney January 19th, 2007 10:24 PM

I'm interested in bumping this topic up again. It's something that I have been unable to figure out myself. It's a slurry of buggy websites and other nonsense when you start looking for converters.

Anyone know anything new since the last post?

DJ

Mike Kujbida January 19th, 2007 10:44 PM

Some folks are partial to a free program called Super©.
Be advised that you'll have to go through at least 3 pages before you actually get to the download link.
BTW, I just checked Vegas 7.0d but it still doesn't appear to be an option :-(

Guy Bruner January 20th, 2007 07:00 AM

Super makes it easy. But, you should be able to do it in Vegas. Just select the Sony AVC/AAC template (.MP4). Then, make a custom template for your 3GP files. Set video size to 176x144, 12.5 frames/sec, 144K bitrate, then set audio to sample at 22050 with a 48K bitrate. Render it out but change the file extension to .3g2.

Peter Frollo February 18th, 2007 02:51 PM

I don't see "Sony AVC/AAC template" under Render As \ Save as type in Studio 7 Platinum however the help says "You can now export Sony AVC/AAC (also called H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC)."

Any idea?

Guy Bruner February 18th, 2007 03:14 PM

Sorry, but I use Vegas not VMS. Just look through all the templates to see if they have stuck it some place else, like in Video for Windows. In Vegas, it is a top level template.

Peter Frollo February 19th, 2007 12:04 PM

Strange!

Now I see "Sony AVC/AAC template" and I also saw "Main Concept AVC" or something like that.

But when I try to render I get error, something about media not supporting this or that there is no default template.

I tried to change the project and used different media and now I don't see these AVC options any longer.

Is this a bug in Vegas or there is some restriction of what you can do....