Ultimate S' Lower Thirds at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Tourist

Ultimate S' Lower Thirds

When I insert Lower Thirds using Ultimate S 2.0, the playback will stutter on the frames where Lower Thirds is applied. Why is it? This will not happen when I copy and paste the same Lower Thirds from it's original file.

Thanks for the advice.
Hengky Chiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Major Player

If you're talking about choppy playback in the preview window, that has to do with processing power. Try lowering the preview setting down to 'good' or 'preview' if you have it set for best. That or get a more powerful machine.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
Tourist

The preview setting is "Good." And I am running a Dual Core computer with 1 GB RAM.
Hengky Chiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:18 AM   #4
Major Player

deleted by Vin
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Major Player

As far as I can tell, the differences between the lower thirds png file and the lower thirds placed by using Ultimate S2 are lower res (327x240 vs your project res), playback rate (1.0 vs 1.25) and the fade in/out. Not sure why your preview is stuttering. You might want to pop another gig of ram into that machine, just for general purposes. 1 gb doesn't leave much room these days. Not saying that will cure your stutter, but Vegas should run a bit smoother overall, especially if your running WinXP as your OS. If lowering your preview setting helps, it sure points to processing power as the cause of the stutter, at least IMO.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...