Striping after I render at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 5th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Striping after I render

Hey guys,

I use Vegas 6.0 and I can't seem to find the proper render settings. My camera is the A1U and I shoot naitively in 60i, then upload to Vegas.

I can't seem to hit the trifecta. If I have good picture..I have bad sound or bad transitions.

If I have good sound, I have bad picture or (and this is my problem now)...I get horizontal striping whenever there is the smallest movement. I'm not talking about anyone running, simply moving on the screen causes little artifacts on their bodies, or anything they are holding to "strip"...I'm sure it has to do with the interpolated fields, I just don't know how to get rid of it.

Anyone with any ideas? No matter what I change, I can't seem to get rid of it. Am I stuck with it? Thanks guys.
Fred Goltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

2 questions: What settings are you using to render, and what are the specs on your computer system?
Evan Dowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #3

I'm beginning to think you're describing standard interlacing artifacts, as far as your "striping."
Another potential issue is that your sound card is sharing resources with your video card. I'd suggest this because you say that your sound goes bad when you have a "good picture."

have you tried rendering a section to RAM to see if that does anything to picture or sound?
Shift+B is a RAM Render. Render a transition with sound, preview should be set to Preview/Auto.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the response, guys. I think I've figured it out....at least I'm able to get a decent render.

I like to hit the panic button right away and post here to get answers before I do intense digging.

In my particular case, I just have to render it to a WMV9 file, then convert to mpeg, then convert to avi...then I'm good to go...no striping, no upside down and backwards picture...just nice even transitions (or as nice as I can make them, anyhow.)...and smooth picture....so far.

I will try rendering one to my ram, though. That sounds like a good ideeeeeur.
Fred Goltz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...