dvd architect 3.0 problem... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 7th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #1
Inner Circle

dvd architect 3.0 problem...

I'm unable to burn to dvd with my vegas 6 project in in dvd Architect 3. I go to make DVD and start going through the steps but it won't proceed after the message "not enought space in temp files folder." It also says I will be compressing files. I tried a disk clean up utility and restarting it but the "next" button won't turn on. what can it be?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Options - Prefs - Burning - Temporary files folder.
Is it set to the default directory? I change mine to a separate render drive where I know I will always have lots of space.
BTW, I do this in Vegas as well.

As far as compressing files, DVDA usually does this when either you've fed it a non-compliant file (eg. wav instead of AC-3) or a file that's too large and has to be compressed to fit. How long was the video and what render options did you use from Vegas?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry to but in line here, but Mike just desccribed my problem with DVDA 3.0 What is the right type of audio file to render to for DVDA 3.0

And you mentioned how you "do it in Vegas as well" referenceing the temp file folder option. What is the advantage to that?

I guess what I mean is could you explain why you do what you do if you have time? OR where I could find these basic setup answers for DVDA 3

Thanks
Bradley D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Inner Circle

First AC3 is DVDAs prefered audio type. You might just as well render your Vegas project to AC3 in th efirst place and be done with it. If you are using the "lite" version of DVDA (Movie Studio) then it will not allow you to render to AC3 in the editing portion of the program but will in the DVDA portion.

As for resetting your temp folders- IMO the worst thing you can do is to have TEMP or CAPTURE folders on your system drive. Set thoses folders on another drive so IF or WHEN the system crashes you haven't lost those files AND since capture consumes a lot of drive space why clog up the whole system by having those files on the system drive.
Just point the computer to another drive and be done with it.

If you render to AC3 in Vegas read Edward Ts newletters about the settings to use for the render to maintain a volume level thruout.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Don, thanks for doing a great job of explaining things. It's amazing how many problems occur because people don't bother (or don't know how) to change the default folder paths.

As far as AC3 audio, it's only a preference because, once again, it's the default. DVDA can (and I know several folks who do it) use PCM (i.e. wave files) because it's not compressed like AC3 is.

For those of you don't know or realize it, AC3 is like MP3. By that, I mean it's a highly compressed format (approx. 10:1 over the original). Using it allows you to fit more onto a DVD or to bump up the bitrate if you want to and that's why most of us use it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...