Adding a shadow to a movie in DVDA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 11th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Adding a shadow to a movie in DVDA

Hi all

On the menu page I want a movie to play in the background on top of one of the DVDA supplied backgrounds. I've created and rendered to .avi in Vegas. I then Insert it as a graphic with a style of "Animation" in DVDA4. I can then resize it etc and that works great. But what I'd like to do is to put an offset shadow behind it to lift it off the page a little. But I can't work out how to do it!! I know i can do it in Vegas with track motion and 2D shadow and that gives m the effect I want - but if I then import that into DVDA I also get the black background from the Vegas frame - like this

(Of course on a black background you can't actually see a black shadow.) I can't crop because the shadow makes it an irregular shape.

I guess what I really want is to render in Vegas but with the background invisible. Is this possible?

Thanx

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Jubal 28

You can render from Vegas as an Uncompressed AVI with an alpha channel. I've never tried using one of those in a DVDA menu, though. Would be interesting to see what your results are.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...