"Sync cursor" button always shadowed out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"Sync cursor" button always shadowed out?

When you add Text with the media generator, there's a small button on the lower left of the 6 keyframe buttons called "Sync cursor" and it's always shadowed out, how can i turn it on? i checked in the help section and there's nothing.
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Blake
When you add Text with the media generator, there's a small button on the lower left of the 6 keyframe buttons called "Sync cursor" and it's always shadowed out, how can i turn it on? i checked in the help section and there's nothing.
You can't. Don't take it personally! None of us can.

Why it is still displayed you need to ask SONY directly. However, more to the point, I guess, is that you are wanting to SYNC the keyframe changes to that which is ON the timeline. We can't - period.

However, here's a tip I use that is kinda useful. I set up the Text Event to Loop and just let it run. I then ADJUST bit by bit the text variables until I get close.

The other thing you have probably found is that we can't just adjust ONE k/f and expect all the others in a group to take on the changes - it wont. You have to change each and every one of them. PLUS any variation on one k/f needs to manually repeated to the others too.

These limitations are true of the other Media Generated Fxs too.

Personally, I've kinda come to accept these limits. What this has done has railed-in my more "exuberant" text self-expressions - LOL!!! This has kinda been a good thing.

OK, joking aside, I too wish it were different. If you wander about a Vegas Forum, the wish and yearning for the "Liberation!" of the Media Generator Sync Cursor is quite audible.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard
Why it is still displayed you need to ask SONY directly. However, more to the point, I guess, is that you are wanting to SYNC the keyframe changes to that which is ON the timeline. We can't - period.

These limitations are true of the other Media Generated Fxs too.
It's displayed because it's part of the GUI structure. One of the reasons that Vegas isn't bloat-ware is because it doesn't have a lot of extra data. Yes, it's a bit misleading to see a sync button that's greyed out as opposed to not being there at all, but if it contributes to keeping the app small...
Generated media cannot be synced for somewhat similar reasons that generated Photoshop layers must be rasterized prior to processing.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...