DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Presets, Magic Bullet, Need Help! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/84821-presets-magic-bullet-need-help.html)

Peter Ferriero January 25th, 2007 09:22 PM

Presets, Magic Bullet, Need Help!

Ok so this is a several step situation.
I bought a new PC, Duo Core, real nice set up to edit Vegas on. I have a Dell that's a couple of years older that I have been working on. Decent machine as well.
I have been editing on Hard Drives...so I brought my hard drive to the new pc to start working on the new copy of Vegas and realized that I my presets werent' there. Neither was Magic Bullet Movie Looks HD for Vegas, so I thought nothing of it.

I have been trying to follow the steps to get the presets loaded on the new machine..but that is question number 1- what is the way to do this, i mean effects presets

second- when I brought it into the new pc, because Magic Bullet wasnt on it, it whiped out all the effects I had used with Magic Bullet, when I returned home, the effects were also whiped out from the original source..
Anyway to get that back?

Can I transfer the Magic Bullet version I have to the new pc?

Please help me make this transition between computers...

Edward Troxel January 26th, 2007 08:59 AM

You should be able to install Magic Bullet on both machines just fine. As for your presets, you pretty well have to manually recreate them. However, you don't need the actual presets on the second machine - the needed settings will be in the project.

As for getting your corrections back after they've been removed, you'll need to go back to an older version of the project.

John McManimie January 26th, 2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
...As for your presets, you pretty well have to manually recreate them.

In Vegas 6 (I haven't checked this with vegas 7 and the latest MB) I found that custom presets are saved in the registry under the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DXTransform\Presets

Each plugin has a long id that corresponds to it (such as B432972D-E08D-11D2-BF8A-006097C9EBF7 which was used for MB Editors on my system). Presets corresponding to that plugin are saved as REG_BINARY values under the id key.

You should name your presets something very distinct so that you you will easily see them.

You can export your registry keys and merge them back if you ever need them (or want to transfer to another system). Be careful in the registry if you don't know much about it, however.

John

Edward Troxel January 26th, 2007 01:05 PM

Well... there's also the free preset manager application you can download from Sony. However, with video it only works with preset CHAINS.

Peter Ferriero January 28th, 2007 11:26 PM

Magic Bullet

Is there a refrence to the Magic Bullet Looks for Vegas HD somewhere in the registry as well?