decklink HD extreme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 29th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

decklink HD extreme

Hi, can't seem to get vegas7d to recognize decklink HD extreme. Any suggestions. Any other board that vegas 7 works with for HD monitoring. Thanks
William LiPera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Probably sorted already....

but Vegas is "hard coded" for decklink 5.6 drivers - nothing else works.
Vegas - however - works great with 5.6 drivers, and is also the one certified by Adobe for Open HD.

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/for...ssageID=508285

Quote:
You should be able to capture via SDI in the following formats:

NTSC (480 or 486), PAL, HD-1080 50i, HD 1080 60i, HD 1080 24p

Frame accurate log/capture/recapture is supported, with either DF and NDF timecode.

All audio channels supported by the SDI deck are supported.

Component capture via any Decklink using any driver including 5.6 within Vegas is not supported at all, has not been tested, likely will not work at all.

----

You should be able to print to tape with frame accuracy via SDI in the following formats:

NTSC (486 or 480), PAL, HD-1080 50i, 1080 60i, 1080 24p

Frame accurate insert editing is supported, with either DF and NDF timecode for all of the above formats. You can also insert edit per channel (audio 1/2 only, video only etc).

All audio channels supported by the SDI deck are supported.

Component print to tape via any Decklink using any driver including 5.6 within Vegas is not supported at all, has not been tested, likely will not work at all.

---
Monitoring:

You should be able to monitor via SDI or component in the following formats:

NTSC (486), PAL, HD-1080 50i, 1080 60i, 1080 24p

This is the only component aspect that is supported in Vegas 7- monitoring only.
---

Same story with AJA Xena- same functionality as Decklink.

---
Clarifying further what is not supported:

-Component capture

-Component print to tape

-Formats other than NTSC (480 or 486), PAL, HD-1080 50i, HD 1080 60i, HD 1080 24p.

-If you are a beta SP user, or a DV/DVCAM/DVCPro user, you will need an SDI board in your deck if you want frame accurate print to tape, or insert editing, or multichannel audio, none of these can be done using 1394 or component or via any other method when using Vegas 7.
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

component output

When I output through Decklink HD extreme to a HD monitor with component input and play from the vegas 7.d timeline even in best preview it is sharp but chopy. How can I monitor it clearly in real time. I have dual xeon's 3.2 and 2G ram. Thanks. Bill
William LiPera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by William LiPera
When I output through Decklink HD extreme to a HD monitor with component input and play from the vegas 7.d timeline even in best preview it is sharp but chopy.
In Preferences / "Preview Device" you have a checkbox/option "Display frames in video preview window during playback" - try unchecking it...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...