DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Rotating Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/85355-rotating-media.html)

Steven Davis January 31st, 2007 05:15 PM

Rotating Media

Can you rotate media in DVDA? Like rotate the actual video on the menu?

Don Bloom January 31st, 2007 05:21 PM

I've never seen it but I'm still using DVDA3.
Unless of course you mean to "turn the disc around" ;-)

Don

Steven Davis January 31st, 2007 05:52 PM

Hehe,good one, no, I mean when you drop the media/video into DVDA for the menu, it's square, I was hoping you could rotate the media file.

Don Bloom January 31st, 2007 06:35 PM

I was actually think about this after I posted my VERY thought provocking answer ;-) and I wonder IF...you did this in Vegas and then used it as the thumbnail. You are talking about a thumbnail for the menu right? Or am I off in my own little world again?

Sing to the tune of 'I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas' ... I'm dreaming of a Bears Win-just like the one in 85--with the offense running the defense tackling and special teams scoring points...

Don

Steven Davis January 31st, 2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom
I was actually think about this after I posted my VERY thought provocking answer ;-) and I wonder IF...you did this in Vegas and then used it as the thumbnail. You are talking about a thumbnail for the menu right? Or am I off in my own little world again?

Sing to the tune of 'I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas' ... I'm dreaming of a Bears Win-just like the one in 85--with the offense running the defense tackling and special teams scoring points...

Don

That might be close.

Steven Davis February 1st, 2007 08:06 AM

Bump, I couldn't figure out how to rotate it. I guess I'll put that on my wish list.

Don Bloom February 1st, 2007 08:25 AM

BTW, which way do you want to rotate it?

Also have you tried Track Motion?

Don

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 1st, 2007 08:44 AM

In DVD A 3, no. In DVD A 4, yes.
If you want a rotating menu object in DVDA 3, you'll need to render it as part of the video render in Vegas, using track motion.

Steven Davis February 1st, 2007 08:45 AM

Track motion in DVDA? I didn't know it had it. Geez, I need my manual.

Ok, my project will explain better than I can. I have a bilboard, we took a picture of the bilboard. On the billboard are pictures of the B&G, sayings and such. We took the picture with the expressed purpose of using it for the DVD background. So I have the billboard in black and white, and wanted to insert the reception media in and rotate the media, forward the media to a point that it looks like it was posted on the billboard orgininally.

Call me crazy, but this is the detail that we like to provide. Something different something new.

I ended up using a diamond shape button for the media, fixing the contrast to be b/w and then forwarding the media to a point of a portrait of the b&g. So I came up with a decent comprimise.

Thanks for the time Don. Thanks Douglas.