HDV capture problem: V7.0d and HDR-HC7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HDV capture problem: V7.0d and HDR-HC7

Got my brand-spanking new HDR-HC7 the other day. Just last night I finally had time to try to capture some footage on my PC.
However, I couldn't get V7.0d to do the job. I can see the HDR-HC7 in the Options>Preferences>Devices dialog, and I can even control the camera with the transport buttons on the Capture tab in the lower left. However, when I open the V6 capture utility, it says the camera is not connected (I'm at work now, and can't remember the exact message...).
Funny thing is, I installed the free Sony Picture Motion software, and it captured flawlessly through that. You can understand that I want Vegas to do the capturing, considering the bucks I laid out for it!

Any ideas what's wrong?

Dan
Dan Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I think I figured it out:

I remoted in to my PC from work. I see I left the "external" checkbox checked in the Preferences dialog. (In hindsight, I thought the directions said "check", instead of "clear" the checkbox. That's probably it.

So far, I am thrilled with the low-light performance.

Dan

Last edited by Dan Peterson; February 2nd, 2007 at 06:18 PM.
Dan Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...