DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Moving Rendered 'saves' from one computer to another? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/85662-moving-rendered-saves-one-computer-another.html)

David Delaney February 4th, 2007 03:48 PM

Moving Rendered 'saves' from one computer to another?

I have some 'custom' rendered 'saves' on my tower and want to move them to my laptop - but I don't know where they are saved and they don't offer me an option of saving them in a particular place...so how can I find them and move them?

Jason Robinson February 5th, 2007 10:55 AM

search

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Delaney
I have some 'custom' rendered 'saves' on my tower and want to move them to my laptop - but I don't know where they are saved and they don't offer me an option of saving them in a particular place...so how can I find them and move them?

If you know what file format the renders were (ie quicktime, windows media, etc) you can search based on the file type.
1) go to the start menu
2) Select "Search" and then "for Files or Folders"
3) Choose a search that looks file files of folders
4) use "*.mov" or "*.wmv" or "*.mpg" "*.ac3" etc to find your files.

you can limit the search some by drive letter or by created date so that only search results are returned if they are created within in the certain time frame that you know you rendered the files.

hope that helps.

Edward Troxel February 5th, 2007 11:31 AM

The only real way is to re-create them on the other computer. You might be able to search through the registry and find the proper entries but I'd simply re-create them. Just pull up the same screens on both machines and compare settings, adjust as needed, and save under the new preset name.

David Jimerson February 5th, 2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Can you clarify?

That could mean a number of different things. If you're talking about custom render templates that you've saved, than I don't know of a way to do it other than what Ed said.

But if you're talking about other types of presets that you might save, there are other ways of doing it, rather than manually recreating them.

David Delaney February 5th, 2007 08:07 PM

That might be a great little script or plugin to have - a way to transfer and save those CUSTOM render templates to use and trade away to others...

Thanks for the replies

Edward Troxel February 5th, 2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

That might be a great little script or plugin to have

It sure would. Unfortunately, scripting can't see the preset details.