Moving Rendered 'saves' from one computer to another? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Moving Rendered 'saves' from one computer to another?

I have some 'custom' rendered 'saves' on my tower and want to move them to my laptop - but I don't know where they are saved and they don't offer me an option of saving them in a particular place...so how can I find them and move them?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Trustee

search

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney
I have some 'custom' rendered 'saves' on my tower and want to move them to my laptop - but I don't know where they are saved and they don't offer me an option of saving them in a particular place...so how can I find them and move them?
If you know what file format the renders were (ie quicktime, windows media, etc) you can search based on the file type.
1) go to the start menu
2) Select "Search" and then "for Files or Folders"
3) Choose a search that looks file files of folders
4) use "*.mov" or "*.wmv" or "*.mpg" "*.ac3" etc to find your files.

you can limit the search some by drive letter or by created date so that only search results are returned if they are created within in the certain time frame that you know you rendered the files.

hope that helps.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

The only real way is to re-create them on the other computer. You might be able to search through the registry and find the proper entries but I'd simply re-create them. Just pull up the same screens on both machines and compare settings, adjust as needed, and save under the new preset name.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Jubal 28

Quote:
Can you clarify?

That could mean a number of different things. If you're talking about custom render templates that you've saved, than I don't know of a way to do it other than what Ed said.

But if you're talking about other types of presets that you might save, there are other ways of doing it, rather than manually recreating them.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #5
Trustee

That might be a great little script or plugin to have - a way to transfer and save those CUSTOM render templates to use and trade away to others...

Thanks for the replies
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
That might be a great little script or plugin to have
It sure would. Unfortunately, scripting can't see the preset details.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...