DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   .m2t gaps workaround w/ Firestore > Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/85792-m2t-gaps-workaround-w-firestore-vegas.html)

Kit Hannah February 6th, 2007 04:09 AM

.m2t gaps workaround w/ Firestore > Vegas

I didn't see this posted anywhere here, so for all of you having the gaps in Vegas, this works! I tried it! You're my favorite person of the month Danny!

This is a Workaround for the gaps that some people are experiencing when using a Firestore and importing it into Vegas. Works perfect! Thanks Danny!

Name: Danny Fye
Subject: HDV files not seamless in Vegas 7 and a suggested solution.

Problem: *.m2t HDV files are not seamless in Vegas 7.

Solution (Workaround) and procedure:

The following assumes: Windows XP Home, drive "V" is the destination video work drive with a folder named "capture", and the FS-4 HD is drive "F". Also it assumes that there is an hour of video on the FS-4 HD and there are 7 *.m2t files. Also the destination file will be named, "cam1.m2t". Type all the following without the quotes. So "command" is simply typed as command.

Once the FS-4 HD is mounted, use Windows to go to the FS-4 HD drive "F". Rename the folder with the video files to "fs".
Rename the video files to 001.m2t, 002.m2t, 003.m2t, 004.m2t, 005.m2t, 006.m2t and 007.m2t. This assures that they stay in order.

The purpose of all this renaming is to avoid major hassling with the default and long original file names in the next part, reduce a ton of typing and possibilities for errors.

Close the window and then click Start, Run and type "command" and press enter.

You should now be in DOS.

Next type "f:" and press enter. You should now be at the root dir of the FS-4 HD's drive.
Next type "cd fs" and press enter. You should now be at the "fs" folder.
Next type "copy /b 001.m2t+002.m2t+003.m2t+004.m2t+005.m2t+006.m2t+007.m2t v:\capture\cam1.m2t" and press enter. Be absolutely sure to include the /b which is for binary or the destination file will be unuseable. On my system it takes approx 5.5 minutes to finish the copying so it will take a little while.
Type "exit" and press enter to leave DOS.

Unmount the FS-4 HD, shut it down and you are done.

I hope this helps those who use Vegas 7. For those who use other NLE's, I hope it helps you with the time code and other issues.

Please let me know what you think, what your comments are and especially any suggestions to make this whole thing easier.

The purpose of this in a nut shell is to simply combine the files into one file so it is seamless in Vegas 7. When it comes to editing, not to have to deal with a bunch of little files. Not quite NTFS but at least it is something.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs