DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Help!!! Gotta export for color correction from Vegas to Mac After Effects! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/86064-help-gotta-export-color-correction-vegas-mac-after-effects.html)

Gabe Sali February 9th, 2007 12:32 PM

Help!!! Gotta export for color correction from Vegas to Mac After Effects!

I need to export a 4 minutes HD 1920x1080 short movie in a format that can be used on After Effects 7 on a Mac.
I used Raylight to edit the Panasonic hvx-200 clips. I tried exporting uncompressed QT,uncompressed avi and Sony YUV...but the first 2 attempts failed because the guy who's correcting it said there was a color quality loss (maybe because QT and avi are RGB?), and when we tried with Sony YUV he found out After Effects on Mac doesn't support sony YUV codec. So he said I should try exporting a TGA sequence...but vegas does only PNG and Jpeg stuff...I'm frustrated...how can I get through this?
Any help will be appreciated (at the moment I simply wanna die :) ).
Best regards and thanks in advance

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 9th, 2007 12:39 PM

Vegas will output a sequential TGA if you use the QT export/render function.

Gabe Sali February 9th, 2007 12:44 PM

Thx...could you tell me how to export the TGAs step by step?

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 9th, 2007 12:45 PM

File/Render As/Quicktime Movie/in the codecs select TGA

Gabe Sali February 9th, 2007 12:52 PM

but that will create a single mov file,right? He asked me for TGA images sequence,one per frame...Is it the same? I mean: is there any difference between tga frames and mov tga sequence? Will the file show any color loss?

Marcus van Bavel February 9th, 2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Sali
I need to export a 4 minutes HD 1920x1080 short movie in a format that can be used on After Effects 7 on a Mac.
I used Raylight to edit the Panasonic hvx-200 clips. I tried exporting uncompressed QT,uncompressed avi and Sony YUV...but the first 2 attempts failed because the guy who's correcting it said there was a color quality loss (maybe because QT and avi are RGB?), and when we tried with Sony YUV he found out After Effects on Mac doesn't support sony YUV codec. So he said I should try exporting a TGA sequence...but vegas does only PNG and Jpeg stuff...I'm frustrated...how can I get through this?
Any help will be appreciated (at the moment I simply wanna die :) ).
Best regards and thanks in advance

Mostly likely his beef is not the file format but the range of RGB values.

Raylight outputs roughly 16-235 with >255 = superwhite, same as the Avid HD codec in its default setting. This can make the color look a little flatter. Some codecs on the Mac (and Windows) decompress to 0-255 with superwhite clipped at 255. All he needs to do is adjust the white and black input levels slightly in his correction process if required.